Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History’s 100 Most Influential People

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History’s 100 Most Influential People
    Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 10:49

Guys, looking back at the post on the top of page 4, I really think that we should leave relgion out of this and simply concentrate on Economic or Political figures. Otherwise it will effectively turn into a relgious clash which will begin to get nasty. I don't really think that you can compare with religious leaders.

How about "Diamond" Pitt, the East India company merchant in the 17th (or is it 18th) century who practically begun the British domination of India after he was granted land by the Mugal Emperor. India thereafter became a firm power base that allowed Britain to subject its influence over Asia, and the middle east. As well as creating a cold-war situation with the Czarist Russian empire.

...And naturally Julius Caesar- the first Roman Emperor who pulled rome out of Democracy and subjected Gaul to Roman power. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2006 at 23:37
Originally posted by Earl Aster

Guys, looking back at the post on the top of page 4, I really think that we should leave relgion out of this and simply concentrate on Economic or Political figures. Otherwise it will effectively turn into a relgious clash which will begin to get nasty. I don't really think that you can compare with religious leaders.

How about "Diamond" Pitt, the East India company merchant in the 17th (or is it 18th) century who practically begun the British domination of India after he was granted land by the Mugal Emperor. India thereafter became a firm power base that allowed Britain to subject its influence over Asia, and the middle east. As well as creating a cold-war situation with the Czarist Russian empire.

...And naturally Julius Caesar- the first Roman Emperor who pulled rome out of Democracy and subjected Gaul to Roman power. 
Rome can never really be considered a 'democracy', the extent of Patrician and Senate rank power was too great for that, as was the extent of fraud during elections.

As for Mohammed and his number one place, I'm not too sure, the man was certainly an extremely effective mass murderer and taught some of the most unforgivable things History has ever seen, but should we really attach this to a positive idea of the word 'influential'?
BMC21113 View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BMC21113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2006 at 01:28
-I like much of this list, though I was very suprised that Leonardo Davinci did not make the list. I did see that Michelangelo earned a fairly high position, though he was not even the most influential personality of the Renaissance Age. Davinci was one of the greatest minds in history and it seems absurd that he would not be included. Also, may I suggest Benjamin Franklin.......
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"-George Washington
"The art of war is, in the last result, the art of keeping one's freedom of action."-Xenophon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345