Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anglo Saxons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anglo Saxons
    Posted: 27-Dec-2009 at 17:56
Originally posted by opuslola

TGS, you said in the above post that "these are now accepted!"

Please read some "history?" Do I have to tell you the number of things that have been "accepted" by the current sicentific establishment in the last 500 years? Do you believe that many of these "established facts" are not considered so?

So, just why do you place such a "god like" acceptance upon any thing said in the 20th or 21st century?

You just deny the invevitable? Most everything now considered as "fact" may well be doomed to hell withing the next 50 or so years!

Regards,

Are you a religious person Opuslola (I dunno maybe you believe in creationism or something), if so, we can create a new thread to have this discussion because this is diverting from the original topic.

Science is always changing, as time passes, new discoveries are made and older out dated ones are discarded, thats how it works, and thats how humans learn.

But yes, the African origin of mankind is 100% accurate, its a mystery that has already been solved, it took decades but it has finally been solved. Its one that we can check off of the list.

But this is going off topic. Sorry guys.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2009 at 18:12
TGS wrote, before he decided this topic had "gone off topic"; "But yes, the African origin of mankind is 100% accurate, its a mystery that has already been solved, it took decades but it has finally been solved. Its one that we can check off of the list."

The above statement is just as specius as that of others in the past who; 1. wrote off heavier than air flight? 2. sub-atomic particles 3. the Earth as the Centre of the Universe 4. There are no such things as germs! 5. The Earth is Flat! 6. ad infinitum!

You sir, have too much to either gain from your beliefs, or you are somewhat denuded? You seem to place too much faith in "science" which is subject to much movement, much like Earth-quakes!

The real answer is always somewhat beyond the reach of mankind! My Quote, as far as I know!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2009 at 18:19
Well, this conversation is not going to go anywhere. Now you are bringing up "discoveries" from centuries ago to help prove a point that science is wrong?

This isnt going anywhere, I'm not going to waste my time. I've heard this argument many many times before, and it gets more ridiculous every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2010 at 14:28
"C'est la vie"

Ron
Deano97 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Deano97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2010 at 17:31

The Saxons were a Germanic tribe.They only ended up in England because they had been run out of there homeland, and the people (not the goverment) of Britan paid them to fight the Picks w/ money and land.When they were done fighting the invading Scots and stopped receiving payment they turned on the people and conquered them.

I fart in your general direction!Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of Elderberries!
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2010 at 03:33
Originally posted by Alkibiades2

Even after the conquest of England the Normans (themselves of Scandinavian ancestry) did not lose their wanderlust. Many headed to the Mediterranean. They were active in the First Crusade. They served as mercenaries in Byzantium. They conquered Sicily, establishing a capital in Palermo, and their great stone castles still stand in the northern part of the island. Fascinating.
 But their blood wasn't just Scandinavian, was it? They also had Frankish, Gaulish and Roman in them. So, they could go north, remain in the centre or shift south, and they'd still be in the lands of some ancestors.
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2010 at 15:35
Originally posted by Shield-of-Dardania

Originally posted by Alkibiades2

Even after the conquest of England the Normans (themselves of Scandinavian ancestry) did not lose their wanderlust. Many headed to the Mediterranean. They were active in the First Crusade. They served as mercenaries in Byzantium. They conquered Sicily, establishing a capital in Palermo, and their great stone castles still stand in the northern part of the island. Fascinating.

But their blood wasn't just Scandinavian, was it? They also had Frankish, Gaulish and Roman in them. So, they could go north, remain in the centre or shift south, and they'd still be in the lands of some ancestors.

Yes, it seems in many ways that the great Frankish Kingdom (Andevin), followed closely the route of both the V. Goths and Vandals! It seems they even became embroiled in the occupation of Greece and surrounding areas! As well as attacking and looting Rome!

Please feel free to read about this Angevin Empire! And, also read about the great Spanish Empire!

But, more from me, might result in my exile to Elba!

Regards,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345