Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alexander The Great Invades India and then South east Asia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meninwhite View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote meninwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alexander The Great Invades India and then South east Asia
    Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 16:59
If his troops did not stop and went father in India and Conquerd it and keept going to South East Asia and went to Indo china and disscoverd the Pacifc Ocean?
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 17:35
... and while he was conquering the Khmer Empire... his own domain crumbled and became divided in many civil wars... who embraces too much makes little pressure. 
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 17:51
Sadly no Khmere's at that time, no even any Mon, just a few hunter gatherers
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 17:53
Originally posted by meninwhite

If his troops did not stop and went father in India and Conquerd it and keept going to South East Asia and went to Indo china and disscoverd the Pacifc Ocean?

I don't actually understand what you're saying, are you asking a question or making a statement or giving an opinion?

i'll answer to what i think you mean though:

you're pretty quick to write off India. It's been discussed to death what would have happened if his troops didn't conviniently stop.

Let's just go with the imposible and say he did conquor all of india (if thats what you meant) he wouldn't reach the pacific ocean. The South-East Asians would have overwhelmed Alexander's army (which i still refuse to believe would be existant after a conquest of india).

So no, they wouldn't have seen the pacific ocean unless they made peace with the kingdoms east of india and were permitted to travel to the eastern coast of Eurasia.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 17:55
Originally posted by Paul

you sure? i'm quite sure that the south-east asians traded with the Indian kingdoms at that time. I'll look into it.

edit: also, just realised, it's been a year since i joined the new AE (Actually i think its been a year since the new AE started so happy birthday AE)

Edited by Anujkhamar
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 17:57

Maybe no Khmeres per se.

But yea, I am in agreement with Anujkhamer.

Knight
Knight

Quote meninwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 18:15

Heres what I think would happen Alexander adds 90,000 troops from the conquerd asian lands egypt seends 1,000 troops by and Invades China,he captures a few chinese villages and adds more troops to his army with a total of 120,000 troops and 73 War Elephants,Alexander hower gets his butt handed to him at The Battle of Guangzhou more than half of his troops are wiped out,and they return to India Alexander plans for a second attack on China but The Qin Dynasty seends 400,000 troops Alexander and his ally Pours try to stop them in there last stand atThe Battle of Donsong the Chinese extremanate his forces,Alexander returns to Macedonea and dies from driking his empire is divided half goese to the Qin dynasty conquers South east Asia.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 21:41
Originally posted by Paul

Oops!

But no hunter-gatherers, I believe: agriculture was there already since the 2nd milennium or maybe the 1st BCE. Else, why would Alexander want to conquer it?
Knight
Knight

Quote meninwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 23:26
Has there evere been an Altentate  movie of Alexander going to China
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 23:43
Nope, no movie of Alexander going into China. We've only recieved that very bad Oliver Stone movie where instead of exploring Alexander's conquests, intrigue amongst his generals, his relationship with Darius, and all the really interesting stuff, the director decided to make a political statement about homosexuality. Not to say he was not, Alexander was bisexual during his youth, but this was not the focus of his life. It was actually rumored amongst his contemporaries that he was genuinely in love with his Persian wife. For a movie about a conqueror, I would expect more conquering.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2005 at 03:51
Originally posted by meninwhite

Heres what I think would happen Alexander adds 90,000 troops from the conquerd asian lands egypt seends 1,000 troops by and Invades China,he captures a few chinese villages and adds more troops to his army with a total of 120,000 troops and 73 War Elephants,Alexander hower gets his butt handed to him at The Battle of Guangzhou more than half of his troops are wiped out,and they return to India Alexander plans for a second attack on China but The Qin Dynasty seends 400,000 troops Alexander and his ally Pours try to stop them in there last stand atThe Battle of Donsong the Chinese extremanate his forces,Alexander returns to Macedonea and dies from driking his empire is divided half goese to the Qin dynasty conquers South east Asia.

i really don't see that happening. Those 90,000 troops would probably fight against Alexander wouldn't they? why would a number that high defect, with an army that size you would win.
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2005 at 12:01

Are we discounting inevitable defections, ambushes from rebels and bandits, epidemics, mass due to the elements, and mass death due to exhaustion from all these forced marches? Then we have to look at the impossible logistics to feed armies so far away, causing famine in the empire.

Meninwhite, I think you should look past the conquests and think about the little people.

Post Reply Post Reply