Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oliver Stones Alexander, Shame on Persians of Iran!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oliver Stones Alexander, Shame on Persians of Iran!
    Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 10:27

hey you are also Persian or not!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/uncomp/artic leshow?msid=837190

MUMBAI: Hollywood director Oliver Stone's forthcoming movie, 'Alexander', based on the life of the 4th century BC Macedonian king, has evoked protests from an unusual quarter-the minuscule Zoroastrian diaspora.
The growing criticism against the use of the Zoroastrian holy symbol called the Farohar' (a winged figure) in the movie's promos being aired in the US is slowly percolating down to Mumbai, where the majority of the Parsis is based.
The winged figure called the Farohar is found on the palaces of Persian kings of the Achaemenian dynasty.
They have been replicated on the facades of Zoroastrian fire temples in India. According to an esoteric explanation given by the late Zoroastrian scholar Framroze S Chiniwala, the figure is the expanded astral or subtle form (Kherpa) of highly advanced souls, mainly of the Persian monarchs, embodying their exalted thoughts.
According to Mumbai-based Firuza Punthakee Mistree, co-author of the book Zoroastrian Tapestry , unlike the western world, the Parsis know Alexander as the accursed because he had murdered the community's priests, destroyed fire temples and burnt downPersepolis, the ancient capital of the Persian empire.
Community members based in the US said the man spearheading the protest was none other thanmusic maestro Zubin Mehta.
On August 28, Mehta was a guest of honour at a function organised by the Zoroastrian Association of California at Irvine. It was there that Mehta informed the audience about the "misleading" use of the Farohar symbol.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 14:12
They should learn how to write and pronounce it first before they complain about its use, it's "Faravahar"...  I wear a small one round my neck as a symbol of my nation.
Dari View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Dari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 18:24
Is that black lady still going to be Roxana?

Dari is a pimp master
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2004 at 06:46

Do you know Leila Faravahar? I think our Zoroastrians also call it "Foruhar" but the exact Pahlavi word is "Fravhar".

Is that black lady still going to be Roxana?

Yes! I think the filming of Alexander has been finished some months ago!

Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 04:53
When I heard that Oliver Stone was directing the movie, I figured it would be a hatchet job and/or it would make errors in the name of promoting "political correctness."  It looks like I was right on the latter.
Nothing truly great is achieved through moderation.--Prof. M.A.R. Barker
Dari View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Dari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 14:07
Yes. Because all Persian women at the time were black.

Dari is a pimp master
 Post Reply Post Reply