Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History of the Roman Empire MODCON 2004 pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History of the Roman Empire MODCON 2004 pictures
    Posted: 11-Jun-2005 at 05:27

Hi,

the Hotre game is similar, like mechanical of play, to the Avalon Hill "History of the World" with a little bit of "Britannia", but during every turn each player has a phase with the Roman faction and another with the Barbarian people it control. Moreover the Legions may be recruited, spending Roman victory point, while the Barbarian people don't, they if necessary recruiting for free. The players wins the game controlling "areas" on the map, every area include 5 provinces, the players earn Victory point controlling provinces and if possible entire areas like History of the World. Many other features appear in the game like Event Cards ( Kingdom, Minor Population, Military bonus, Calamity,ecc.), Fort/Fortress, City and Treasures (Victory Point) and more...
In the last turn the Roman Factions receive a bonus for every province they controls, this bonus for the extreme defense of the Empire against the Barbarian horde invasion.
About the graphical aspect, unfortunately are available only the pictures on the site www.ugg.de  on the HOTRE page ( sorry, the editor do not spend other money before the game reach the 500 preorder), the cover will be on "ben Hur" style with the HOTRE title write on stone and a scene of battle from Legionaries and Barbarians, the graphical is similar to the Osprey pubblications.
I send you some pictures fron MODCON 2004 the italian national convention of simulation games where I've introduce my HOTRE game.
Please contact me for every other questions.

Best Wishes

Marco

me and my son Silvio !
 Post Reply Post Reply