Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When the enemies look alike

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mark lane View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mark lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When the enemies look alike
    Posted: 13-Oct-2018 at 06:06

U.S. President George Bush Junior,September 20 ,2001, at U.S Congress:

"The course of this conflict is not known yet it's outcome is certain.Freedom and fear,justice and cruelty,have always been at war.And we know that God is not neutral between them.....We'll meet violence with patient justice,assured of the rightness of our cause and confident of the victories to come.In all that lies before us,may God grant us wisdom and may he watch over the United States of America."

Osama Bin Ladden,Octomber 7th ,2001,videotaped speech:

"The wind of change is blowing to remove evil from the peninsula of Muhammed,peace be upon him.As to America,i say to it and it's people a few words:I swear to God that America will not live in peace before peace reigns in Palestine,and before all the army of infidels depart the land of Muhammed,peace be upon him.God is the greatest and glory be to Islam."

Mentioning the word God:
George Bush Junior:3 times,if we take the he as an indirect reference to God
Osama Bin Ladden:2 times,although he mentioned Muhammed 2 times and Islam once,thus rising his religious references to 5.

I know that these two speeches are quite old,but they only show how religious radicalism has risen to both "Good" and "Evil" sides.And if we pressume that history repeats herself,we may return back to the Middle "Dark" Ages!

Mark lane
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2018 at 18:55
Which "enemies" look alike?   "God" (or rather their conception of Him) or the speakers?

Post Reply Post Reply