Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Design A New Historical PC Game

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Online Status: Offline
  Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Design A New Historical PC Game
    Posted: 24-May-2005 at 07:02

If you were to design a new PC game that incorporates history, what game would you design, what region or time period will the game take place, and how would it be played?

I will give my idea of a new PC game:

Game: African Empires

Empires to choose from:

1. Ancient Egypt

2. Carthage

3. Mali

4. Songhai

Objective:

A. Conquer the entire continent of Africa militarily

or B. Take over the continent of Africa through artistic and economic achievement.

Platform: Turn based

AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 08:34

hmm, I like this topic, of course as always I have about 50 million ideas, Ill just give two...

Previously I thought up on AE a Silk Road game thats about building a central Asian trading cityand managing it and commanding nomad armies....

Right now though what I would really like would be a massive real time 3d tactical combat extravaganza (not age of empires but more medieval total war type, you know the kind that takes actual skill) with a in depth political management system.  I dont care what era personally, I would probably like Rise of the Arabs-Rise of Timur most, and I want all of Eurasia to be mapped out with all factions including nomad tribes totally playable.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 09:35

Reply to Tobodai:

I like your idea about the rise of Timur for a Total War format. 

For your Silk Road game, I recommend you talk a peek at the game Trade Empires.  It is very simple, but may give you some good ideas.

AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 09:45
The Great Migration Game:

1.     Choose an obscure Germanic tribe from some swamp in Southern Scandinavia.

2.     The actual game consists of three main levels:

I)      Wander around Europe and parts of Asia, spending as much time and mileage as possible.
II)     Build up some Empire in some remote corner of Europe or Africa, as far away from your original homeland as possible.
III)     Loose your Empire again in the shortest time possible and disappear with the least possible trace left.

Will elaborate later!
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 10:11
Actaully have been working on a game, its a variable play game.. FPS and RTS joined.. well have finished all the programming parts....

Now working on the history and modelling almost a year. And should be finished completely by summer next year.

The theme is 'the turks', and I planned on doing the first of the series starting first with the "Seljuks" as battle'ing out their way to reach the area from c.asia against different peoples.. then off course battles in the area.. crusaders.. and so on..

Post Reply Post Reply