Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We Were Hacked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Were Hacked
    Posted: 18-Sep-2014 at 10:42
Someone hacked in and uploaded malicious files, meant to gather info.  As a result, the "upload files" option has been disabled.

The host is attempting to trace the hack.

Anyhoo, many apologies for the problem.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2014 at 15:21
Glad you're back on line.  When the "websites for sale" site popped up, I feared the worst.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2014 at 11:02
Someone again managed to upload malicious files.  The host automatically shuts us down to minmize any damage that might occur.

Edited by red clay - 27-Nov-2014 at 11:02
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2014 at 03:25
there is a "blackhat seo" virus alert (avg) on the main AE site front page the last few times i have visted.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2014 at 11:25
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

there is a "blackhat seo" virus alert (avg) on the main AE site front page the last few times i have visted.

That virus was removed months ago.  Google refuses to remove the warning, unless we allow them to place monitoring software on the site.  Which I will not do. I believe it's the result of a false complaint made to a gov. agency.  Our webhost runs a clean up every week, if there's anything unusual they shut us down and notify me.

So, no virus just google being jerks.

Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2014 at 11:28
we are clean&sane!Regards Red!What's up there?Smile
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2014 at 11:43
Well, we're clean anyway. Big smile The rest?

Everythings good here med. Just finished the Christmas tree.
Unknown.
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2015 at 11:45
when I entered into the site I received a notification from my antivirus that the site has Blackhat SEO
Do not know what it does mean, just want to inform you
Everybody listen only this which understands.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2015 at 09:22
Originally posted by tzar

when I entered into the site I received a notification from my antivirus that the site has Blackhat SEO
Do not know what it does mean, just want to inform you

Thanks, but as my post reads, it was removed.  but google won't remove the warning.  Google is being jerks.

Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply