Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ?
    Posted: 16-Feb-2014 at 13:50
what was the reason of division in Allempires, in 2009? Is there any old topic about this argument so I can read it myself?

why do people seperate and create a new web site a world historia? and is there any other group of old users?

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2014 at 07:47
Ollios, it has a long history, in summary:

2000 - 2002: It began with a popular game named "Age of Empires I & II", I created a free forum in proboards.com to discuss about different empires in this game.
2002 - 2004: I suggested a project about All Empires and registered allempires.com.
2004 - 2007: Our free forum in proboards with about 100,000 posts was suddenly deleted and we had to make a new forum in allempires.com.
2007 - 2008: The forum and main site became so big that they didn't work properly in one host, so we decided to separate them, allempires.net was registered (I myself suggested that Northman does it.)
2008 - 2009: Northman added some Google Adsense ads to the website to earn money and pay for the host, of course it seemed earned money was much more than the cost!
2009 till now: Northman change the host and asked me to give allempires.com to him, I refused and then he banned me from the forum (afterwards he disappeared for some years), I restored my latest backup of the forum here and with the help of some good old friends, like Red Clay, the AE forum was restarted.

I don't know when they changed the name of All Empires (in allempires.net) to World Historia, anyway they themselves knew that allempires.com is the original one.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 17-Feb-2014 at 07:51
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2014 at 11:10
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Ollios, it has a long history, in summary:

2000 - 2002: It began with a popular game named "Age of Empires I & II", I created a free forum in proboards.com to discuss about different empires in this game.
2002 - 2004: I suggested a project about All Empires and registered allempires.com.
2004 - 2007: Our free forum in proboards with about 100,000 posts was suddenly deleted and we had to make a new forum in allempires.com.
2007 - 2008: The forum and main site became so big that they didn't work properly in one host, so we decided to separate them, allempires.net was registered (I myself suggested that Northman does it.)
2008 - 2009: Northman added some Google Adsense ads to the website to earn money and pay for the host, of course it seemed earned money was much more than the cost!
2009 till now: Northman change the host and asked me to give allempires.com to him, I refused and then he banned me from the forum (afterwards he disappeared for some years), I restored my latest backup of the forum here and with the help of some good old friends, like Red Clay, the AE forum was restarted.

I don't know when they changed the name of All Empires (in allempires.net) to World Historia, anyway they themselves knew that allempires.com is the original one.

Thanks for this summary

Northman says different thinks in his forum. At this moment, I don't care but it is a bad thing. Two friend who love talking about history separate like that Cry
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2014 at 13:55
That forum history is interesting. I had thought that AE was a clever name/idea to have come up with (being inlcusive of all different empires/etc). Sorry that i made a mistake in a recent topic reply about administrator, I didn't realise that there were more than 1 administrator(s) and didn't remember about other admins like Cyrus and others past/present, and that it was Cyrus that was the founder. I have just re-read the about AE page in main site and hopefully won't forget this time. (Sorry i was so preoccupied with the forum that i didn't follow the main site & magazine. (I'm abit like that with music and movies, i never know that groups/singers/actors names like others do.) Btw saw simaqian studio mentioned, last time i tried them they seem to have closed down :( though haven't checked recently. (That was where i first met sharrukin before here.) I still can't help thinking that world historia is so similar to my amateur publication 'historia pangaea' which i put out years ago. For some reason i thought that the split had something to do with differnt Iranian or northern angles, but it sounds like just one person trying to take over. There have been divisions in every group since beginning of world (or the fall or Babel) until now (where lack of common interest).
It sad/sucks to have lost all the original forum posts (which is abit like how i lost 15 years notes & resources in a crisis about 5-7 years ago), but good you had a back-up. I like how the old topics have been un-archived.

ps my cursor problem came right next day so i can still post occasionally though depends on my situation & condition. I don't think i am able to write an article for zine or an ebook for site though.
 Post Reply Post Reply