Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Haplogroup J and Southern European

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mojobadshah View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haplogroup J and Southern European
    Posted: 15-Jan-2014 at 11:32
Why would an Afghan with Haplogroup J have a percentage of Southern European?
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2014 at 16:19
Pardon, can you explain what you mean, please?
Consul
Consul

Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2014 at 08:01
Why would an Afghan with haplogroup J have 1.4 percent European (Southern and Northern) ancestry composition?  
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2014 at 13:19
Sorry, I can't answer your question. But why should an Afghan with y-dna J have a european composition? There is J in Europe, too. But the main region is Mesopotamia and Arabia together with Little Asia. Significant population transfers between these regions seem to be more likely than between Europe and Afghanistan.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2014 at 03:20
Originally posted by beorna

Sorry, I can't answer your question. But why should an Afghan with y-dna J have a european composition? There is J in Europe, too. But the main region is Mesopotamia and Arabia together with Little Asia. Significant population transfers between these regions seem to be more likely than between Europe and Afghanistan.

I agree you. I don't think that the reason of J group in Afghaistan is related with Europe, it is about Iran
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Consul
Consul

Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2014 at 03:40
Under speculative setting (which I know has checked out other times) on 23 and Me for an Afghan of Pashtun-Tajik descent an haplogroup J2a1c:

1.2 % European

.3 non-specific Southern European
.1 % non-specific Northern European
.9 non-specific European

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2014 at 00:08
Subgroups of J2  J2a1c = m68
http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/J2-tree.gif

• J2a1-M47 is found at low frequency (1-5%) in Anatolia, Georgia, Iran, Iraq and Gulf states.
  • J2a1-M67 is the most common subclade in the Caucasus (Vainakhs, Ingushs, Chechens, Georgians, Ossetians, Balkars) and in the Levant (Lebanese, Jews). It is also common in western India, the Arabian Peninsula, Anatolia (esp. north-west), Greece (esp. Crete), Italy (esp. Marche and Abruzzo) and Iberia. M67 was probably a major Neolithic lineage expanding from the Fertile Crescent to Greece to the west and the Indus valley to the east.
  • J2a1-M68 a minor subclade found in Iraq and India.
  • J2a1-M319 has been found chiefly in Greece (esp. in Crete) and Italy, and at low frequencies around Western Europe (perhaps diffused by the Romans).
  • J2a1-M339 is a very minor Anatolian subclade.
  • J2a1-M419 is a minor subclade detected in northern Iran.
  • J2a1-P81 is a very minor Anatolian subclade.
  • J2a1-L24 is the most widespread subclade of J2a, with a distribution ranging from the Middle East to Europe, North Africa and South Asia.
    • J2a1-M158 has been found in Anatolia, Iberia, Pakistan and India.
    • J2a1-L84 is a minor subclade detected in the Balkans.
    • J2a1-L25 is the main branch of L24 and is subdivided in many subclades.
      • J2a1-F3133 is found in Anatolia, Syria, Iran, Central Asia and Saudi Arabia.
        • J2a1-F761 is the Western European subclade of F3133, found in Italy, France, the Benelux and England.
        • J2a1-L192.2 is found in Anatolia, North Africa, Iran and Kerala (India).
      • J2a1-PF4888 is found in the Middle East and among Ashkenazi Jews (F659 subclade: Katz and Cohen).
      • J2a1-Z387 and its main subclade L70 (DYS445≤7) are found throughout continental Europe as well as in the Middle East at lower frequency.
  • J2a1-PF5169 is a rare subclade that has been found in Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, southern Germany and England.
  • J2a2-PF7381 is found at low frequency in southern and Eastern Europe and in the Caucasus.
  • J2b1-M205 is found mostly in the southern Balkans and Anatolia.
  • J2b2-M241 is found mostly in south-east, central and Eastern Europe and in India.

Edited by Ollios - 21-Jan-2014 at 00:09
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Consul
Consul

Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2014 at 12:43
That really tells me nothing.  You appear to be talking only about Haplogroups, but 23 and Me must be talking about more.  Because otherwise why would they mention percentages of European among other groups Chinese, Mongolian, Northern European, Southern European, Middle East, African ect...
 Post Reply Post Reply