Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forever England.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forever England.
    Posted: 29-May-2013 at 17:41
I invited the Colonel and his good wife around for drinks over the weekend. Our village pub has just come on the market and I wanted to canvass their opinion as to their interest.  I had sensibly stocked with several bottles of Tanqueray beforehand. Sure enough, half of these disappeared faster than a snowflake in the Sahara. Turning my back to fetch the cigar humidor I heard a dull thud. The Colonels wife was prostrate on the carpet. Picking her up we noticed a damp patch beneath her. " Hello, old thing ! " , cried the Colonel to his wife , "  Did you spill your gin, or have you peed yourself ? ".

Would they be sensible partners to buy a pub with, do you think ?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2013 at 18:49

Ask the Colonel if he's a Cardinal. If he says "damn straight" buy five glasses of whisky and tell him to prove it
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 01:49
Here's to the health of Arthur Lowe et al. We shall never see their like again !
 Post Reply Post Reply