Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CV will be absent for a while

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CV will be absent for a while
    Posted: 07-Nov-2011 at 08:11
Due to a number of varying reasons my personal participation here will be limited for the next several months. And in all likelihood the future. This site, since my rejoining back this past spring  has seen some extraordinary productive membership arrive and return and some crap leave. But this is the way of history chat rooms-blogs and forums.

There has been immense improvement in participation in some subs and others have slacked off...this is also normal. Every one here has varying and often competing interests that must be prioritized to meet the demands of the real world in which we live and yet participate here. I always encourage you do your best but I also encourage honesty in your evaluation in what priorities are established and why and how that impacts your life in general...here is no different.

My priorities are changing. And again that's for a lot of reasons. And this site is one of them.
But the specifics are my business and what you should expect from me when and if I participate is the same you have seen before. I leave it to the administrator-owner to decide if he feels it is necessary to replace me as a moderator and or appoint additional.

SPAM remains a problem here and so every set of eyes in reporting it is still important. As is making recommendations to the administration for improving the sites attractiveness.. ease of maintenance..... security and opportunity to solicit new members. So keep making those suggestions to the staff and the owner. Use the appropriate subs or send them PM. As anytime a positive upgrade or change to the site can facilitate that.... it should be a no brainer.... that it be done.

So while not totally out of the blog game yet......I wish ya all well....and much success no matter what ya do.... and as we say on the Llano...I'll see ya when I see ya.Big smile

Thanks to all my friends and posting buddies that have joined here from other venues for the support and kindness they have shared and given to me. This remains historically the premier site on the web for serious commentary... why? because of it's administration and moderation and it's membership. Above all because of it's membership.  Keep it that way and keep rocking on.

As in the end, if ya accept less, you will get less. So hold the staff and ownership's feet alike to the fire in demanding and receiving the best they can give ya. Ya deserve it.

CV

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2011 at 12:14
We'll miss you CV...hopefully enjoy yourself up on the lonely!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2011 at 13:54
Drive carefully your caterpillar can gunny!All the best!Thumbs Up
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2011 at 16:21
Hate to see you leave CV. You have done a most excellent job here and I hope you can return. Allemps needs quality people like yourself to moderate. I wish I had more time to participate.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2011 at 19:19

One can drive a beautiful new car, but, remove one of the wheels and

the car isn't what it used to be.

Your dedication to the board is duly noted, your wielding the baton of power is

a textbook for others to emulate.  While one of our bulbs has been dimmed 

with your absence, know that our light is on for you to always retrace your steps. 

Edited by tjadams - 07-Nov-2011 at 19:48
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Historum joker, suspended

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2011 at 08:26
Nooooooooo!

You'll be a hard act to follow CV

I wish you well. Smile
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2011 at 19:22
Come back soon Centrix. I may have misjudged you at first, but since joining allempires i know now that you're an excellent moderator
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Michael Collins View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian
Historum joker, suspended

Quote Michael Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2011 at 19:09
I'm shocked. Go n-éirí leat with your business a chara, and come back when ye can spare the time. 
Is í labhairt a dteanga an moladh is mó is féidir linn a thabhairt dár namhaid.
slick_miester View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote slick_miester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2011 at 12:31
That's a bummer, Larry. You bailed just as I was about to join you. ;)
It does something to a girl; it changes her octave! - Sam Kinison
 Post Reply Post Reply