Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Robert Byrd, and the KKK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robert Byrd, and the KKK
    Posted: 06-Jul-2010 at 14:46
For those of you who missed it, Robert Byrd, recently died! He was a great American, and a former great leader of the Klu Klux Klan!

What a guy?

Oh! By the way TGS, he is, I guess, considered a great "Progressive?", as was Woodrow Wilson! (The one that segrated the military!)

Yes, they were both good Democrats!

God Bless and keep them!

Edited by opuslola - 06-Jul-2010 at 14:50
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2010 at 15:30
I dont doubt it, he was very old and raised in the South and there was a time when both the Democratic and Republican parties were extremely racist (one still is). Byrd was a die hard racist for much of his life, probably into the 80's but he did change later on in his political life and this is evident in the way he voted.

If you know anything about Americas political history (especially the history of the Democratic and Republican parties) you'd know that the shift regarding opinion towards minorities did not come until the 1960's (thats when there was a real split between the Republicans and the Democrats on issues of race). Infact, the Democratic party dominated much of the south until it chose to support the Civil Rights movement, at which point Southerners switched allegiances to the Republican party, which stayed on the racism bandwagon.

Whats important is that he spent the rest of his life, after giving up racism (which was around 30 years ago) doing right instead of wrong. He mentioned how he regretted joining the KKK, how he regretted filibustering the 1964 CR act, and other political votes... he seemed to be a changed man. He progressed a lot in his life time and I'm glad he didnt die an angry, bitter, racist.

And one more thing, dont get it confused, the Democratic Party isnt all made up of open minded forward looking people. There are a lot of Democratic Senators that I disapprove of because they might as well be Republicans sometimes.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 06-Jul-2010 at 15:46
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2010 at 17:05
TGS wrote;

"There are a lot of Democratic Senators that I disapprove of because they might as well be Republicans sometimes."

I would hope they would change their party membership, as I wish a numbe of so called Repubicans will do the same, and quit fooling people!

A couple of women come to my mind first!
BIG D View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BIG D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2010 at 09:31
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

I dont doubt it, he was very old and raised in the South and there was a time when both the Democratic and Republican parties were extremely racist (one still is). Byrd was a die hard racist for much of his life, probably into the 80's but he did change later on in his political life and this is evident in the way he voted.

If you know anything about Americas political history (especially the history of the Democratic and Republican parties) you'd know that the shift regarding opinion towards minorities did not come until the 1960's (thats when there was a real split between the Republicans and the Democrats on issues of race). Infact, the Democratic party dominated much of the south until it chose to support the Civil Rights movement, at which point Southerners switched allegiances to the Republican party, which stayed on the racism bandwagon.

Whats important is that he spent the rest of his life, after giving up racism (which was around 30 years ago) doing right instead of wrong. He mentioned how he regretted joining the KKK, how he regretted filibustering the 1964 CR act, and other political votes... he seemed to be a changed man. He progressed a lot in his life time and I'm glad he didnt die an angry, bitter, racist.

And one more thing, dont get it confused, the Democratic Party isnt all made up of open minded forward looking people. There are a lot of Democratic Senators that I disapprove of because they might as well be Republicans sometimes.
so you're saying, EVERYONE in the R party is racist??..that's like saying ALL AAs are stupid criminals...what makes the R party racist??
BIG D View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BIG D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2010 at 09:36
are you saying there are NO black racists???ALL blacks LOVE all whites??why are you singling out white people as bad??this is a HATE WHITEY post
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2010 at 10:17
I never mentioned white people in my post at all.

Secondly, yes, there are black racists.

thirdly, not all Republicans are racist, but if you're a racist, your probably a republican/conservative.
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2010 at 11:05
TGS wrote;
"thirdly, not all Republicans are racist, but if you're a racist, your probably a republican/conservative."

I would not agree! Racist Black people are not usually republicans or conservatives! Are you contradicting yourself? You did admit that there are "black racists!" and by connection you would have to agree there are Oriental racists, Indian racists (both Native American and the Nation), as well as racists in every classification! Even that very stupid "Spanish language grouping" that has been now used for the past 40 or so years!

So maybe you want to reaccess your position?
Regards,
BIG D View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BIG D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2010 at 11:19
you are talking about Byrd, the KKK, and """shift regarding opinion towards minorities""", ?...these are all 'whites, no???--"""but if you're a racist, your probably a republican/conservative.""<>so more republicans are racists than not???--the word 'probably', means <>without much doubt...this DOES say--in the least--many republicans are racists!!!where are your stats for this???...your saying MANY republicans are 'bad' people....they're haters.....????....both sides have their racists..no one side or race has a monopoly on evil....
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2010 at 11:50
A big "DITTO" to Big D's statement above!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2010 at 14:12
Originally posted by opuslola

I would not agree! Racist Black people are not usually republicans or conservatives! Are you contradicting yourself? You did admit that there are "black racists!" and by connection you would have to agree there are Oriental racists, Indian racists (both Native American and the Nation), as well as racists in every classification! Even that very stupid "Spanish language grouping" that has been now used for the past 40 or so years!

If you are a white racist, you are probably conservative.

If you are a black racist, you probably dont identify with any of the established "white man" parties such as Democrat or Repubilcan.

Simple as that. As for other minorities, they tend to have racist feelings towards other minorities and not whites (Indians vs Pakistanis, Iranians vs Arabs, Japanese vs Chinese, etc...)

Originally posted by BIG D

you are talking about Byrd, the KKK, and """shift regarding opinion towards minorities""", ?...these are all 'whites, no???--"""but if you're a racist, your probably a republican/conservative.""<>so more republicans are racists than not???--the word 'probably', means <>without much doubt...this DOES say--in the least--many republicans are racists!!!where are your stats for this???...your saying MANY republicans are 'bad' people....they're haters.....????....both sides have their racists..no one side or race has a monopoly on evil....

Re-read what I said. I clearly said that not all Republicans are racist, but if you are a racist, you are probably Republican. I probably should have clarified that I this was in regards to White racists.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 14-Nov-2010 at 14:14
BIG D View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BIG D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 13:04
Re-read what I said. I clearly said that not all Republicans are racist, but if you are a racist, you are probably Republican. I probably should have clarified that I this was in regards to White racists.
<>this CLEARLY states that more Rs are racist than not racist..the word ''probably'' spells it out!!!!..this is JUST LIKE saying, ''not all blacks are criminals, but if you're black, you're probably a crimianal'''.....do you have stats for Republican racists???
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 13:57
Originally posted by BIG D

<>this CLEARLY states that more Rs are racist than not racist..the word ''probably'' spells it out!!!!..this is JUST LIKE saying, ''not all blacks are criminals, but if you're black, you're probably a crimianal'''.....do you have stats for Republican racists???

No, it does not, if you're a White American racist, then by definition you are conservative. Therefore, if you are a White American racist, then you are probably Republican/conservative/vote Republican.

And like I said, Black racists would like wise be neither Democrat nor Republican (because by definition, being a black racist would mean anti-White in particular), but they'd be conservative within their own political spectrum
BIG D View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BIG D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 12:59

so ''white'' Liberals and Democrats CANNOT/ARE NOT racists???most 'white' racist are Republican??this is AMAZING!!!

Post Reply Post Reply