Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

German literature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: German literature
    Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 16:45

Whats about Karl Marx - Das Kapital from 1867
try to read it  and try to understand

Exorsis C View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Exorsis C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2005 at 18:09

I read Im Westen Nichts Neues (All quiet on the west front) for my german class about 20 years ago. It was pretty hard to understand in german, so I had to read it in swedish just to be able to do the book report. I must say that I liked it though. Itwas good enough for me to look for other books by Remarque. I found "A Time to Love and a Time to Die", which I also enjoyed, in swedish though.

Another german author that I like is Michael Ende. There are probably mor, but I can't remember their names right now.

Don't put your mouth into motion before your brain is in gear.
Member of "the exclusive group of women on AE".
o_irengun View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote o_irengun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 07:52

Nichts  neues  im Westen  is  a  classic.And  i  think  the  first  War  critic(not  the  critic of the  ww1)

Herman Hesse Steppenwolf

Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 09:11
 My favourite is Goethe-one of the greatest writers ever.I read Faust several times...
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 20:15
Even though I am 1/4 German I am not that familiar with a lot of German literature except for the writings of Johann Jacob Bachofen and his 19th theories about matriarchal societies in pre-history.

hmmm from an earlier post

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2407&PN= 1

I have a German hym book that belong to my great great German grandparents but it was printed in St. Louis in 1875.

Edited by eaglecap
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12