Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rise of Nations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SulcataIxlude View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SulcataIxlude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rise of Nations
    Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 04:48
Do any of you guys play it? I love it dearly, and the nations I enjoy are the Inca (mining both iron and gold at the same time... instant Incan horde!), Bantu, and the Chinese.
Teup View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Teup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 11:10

Yeah I played it for a while, but I found the emphasis with me was more on improving untill you're done, and only attacking after that... That way it got really old really fast, because I was basically waiting for over an hour before doing anything. There was no use in attacking with horses instead of tanks. Maybe there was, but the game never got me doing that for some reason...

I was also annoyed by the fact there were no voices, and you could build Wonders that didn't make sense at times that didn't make sense.

I was Russian btw, obviously so I could play defensive until all researching was done

The graphics were great IMO though, I like Ensemble's graphics way better than Bizzard ones anyway. They also made a nice attempt on shaping cities instead of mere military camps (by the whole capture and territory concept and all), not nearly a convincing realistic result, but at least better than other games I know.

Whatever you do, don't
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 09:26

With Bantu:

+50 population bonus,

And when I build the Colossus it gives+50 more

and I fight with my army up to 200 men.                                                                                   

Edited by Jagatai Khan
 Post Reply Post Reply