Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SW Knights of The Old Republic

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What side do you Choose?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [45.45%]
3 [27.27%]
3 [27.27%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SW Knights of The Old Republic
    Posted: 24-Mar-2005 at 12:31
Please explain your answer. So choose wisely.

Edited by General Pompeius Magnus
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2005 at 12:35

I choose the light side because of two reasons.     Reason # 1: It's good to help others.        Reason # 2: I think the light side is stronger 

Edited by General Pompeius Magnus
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2005 at 15:42
Both sides have their strengths. I almost always play the Light side. However, I find playing the Dark path more challenging, and thus, in a way, more fun. Thus, I choose the Dark.
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 22:31
The Dark Side may be cooler, but I just can not bring myself to kill innocents in any game that I play.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 14:57
I play both, come on people your just going to let those hours of programming go to waste? Besides the dark side's the funniest, not the killing but in the responses.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 16:21
Being French, one of the darkest and most barbaric country ever in the world history. I can only play the dark side.
Vae victis!
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 22:56

Dark side easily.  Even when I was a little kid I always rooted for the empire, the rebels never gave me a reason to support them.  SO the empire blew up a planet full of hippies and kills its incompetent leaders...how is that a bad thing?

And in the games I do both for maximum exploration, but darkside is still easily the more fun, and best.  The powers are way better too and the ending for the first game as darkside was undeniably better in a every way than almost any game I have ever played. 

That ebing said I thought bothy endings for number 2 werent so great...even if there is another sequel it just wasnt such a great epic conclusion as the first.

And anyway...Dark Side Bastilla is possibly the hottest thing ever on my computer screen.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 08:46
SO the empire blew up a planet full of hippies and kills its incompetent leaders...how is that a bad thing?
Alderaan... while undoubtedly full of hippies, arguably had some great, and competent leaders. Heck, their military and internal security is always glorified every time it can be, and it's sort of like England... no guns/blasters for the public. Crime was basically non-existant.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 01:39

or thats what they wanht you to believe....  The victors wrote the history, and the empire got shafted, I just know it!  Plus from the only expressly Alderanian character we ever see we get the impression they had some bad fashion sense for their hair.

I do have to say this about KOTOR, I play alot of RPGs and few come close to having such great plots and characters....I do beleive KOTOR is better written and hell even better acted than the prequel movies are!  Games are really evolving, but also the Star Wars movies are devloving....although I do hold hope for revenge of the Sith..rumoreed to be getting a PG-13 rating!

-Alexander Hamilton
Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 07:10

How did the Empire get shafted when it blew the planet to smithereens? Bah!
And I don't know about you, but I found the cinnamon bun look kinda sexy... it combined two of my favorite things: a pretty woman, and a lovable breakfast food.

Oh, and that's not a rumor... it will be PG-13.

General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 11:36
Now I'm on the full light side.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2005 at 22:21
Originally posted by Bryan

How did the Empire get shafted when it blew the planet to smithereens? Bah!
And I don't know about you, but I found the cinnamon bun look kinda sexy... it combined two of my favorite things: a pretty woman, and a lovable breakfast food.

Oh, and that's not a rumor... it will be PG-13.

LOL, I think her hair in Empire Strikes Back on Bespin is the hottest she ever gets, her Ewok hair is the worst.

Im glad its PG 13, the odds of it being better than the last two are probably significantly increasded, plus the darker subject material would be hard to do artisitically in PG only rating.

-Alexander Hamilton
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 07:56
YAY!!! I had finally beat the game. 
 Post Reply Post Reply