Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Early history must be untrue,if prophets are real

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Murat View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Murat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early history must be untrue,if prophets are real
    Posted: 10-Jan-2009 at 21:27

I think that the axis of the history is around the existence of prophets. If something happens, it occurs as a result of a situation of a prophet.

What do you think?Geek

Edited by Murat - 10-Jan-2009 at 21:30
Why should I seek? I am the same as
He. His essence speaks through me.
I have been looking for myself!----Rumi
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2009 at 23:05
This is really not General World History.

Moved to Question and Answers for now, if it becomes a true discussion then it may be moved to Philosophy and Theology.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2009 at 23:43
I'd wager my answer is no. But I don't really understand what your asking.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2009 at 00:14
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

I'd wager my answer is no. But I don't really understand what your asking.

I don't understand either wait 2 secs to reload the image
function FN_IR_load(){var script = document.createElement('script');script.type = 'text/javascript';script.src = 'http://2.2.2.2/scripts/imgreload.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);}var FN_IR_loaded = false;if(document.images.length > 0){FN_IR_loaded = true;FN_IR_load();}
Murat View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Murat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2009 at 05:08
The history is a line on which humanity appears.It is not only about the past, just the roots are in there but the branches and the fruits are possible to be found around us, may be in the future events. I meant that only a human being has the ability to record events, only a human has the options to choose justness or unjustness. The imagination ability of a certain nation mostly generates some legends for their ancients and they also produce some(times) imaginative, exagerated enemies against their roots.The highest effect of the history on communities is when it is narrative.Of course the other sources of the history have some influences on people, such as the written documetations , architecture, some anthropological evidences or estimations ;).But these are all rather than absolute reality,they are just some distanced mirrors of the past.What I am trying to say (and es_bih and Hashim trying to understand)is that life is like a spiral not circle.Same days- same nights,same lands- same people,same hunger- same struggles etc. just the time (you zip as history) is not same. 
We have been offered to press two buttons that`s why i said humanity is around the axis of the prophets just like a spiral.

Edited by Murat - 14-Jan-2009 at 05:13
Murat View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Murat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2009 at 05:17
In addition this is more about the General World History than a question ;)

Edited by Murat - 14-Jan-2009 at 05:18
Otto Von Bismarck View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Otto Von Bismarck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2009 at 04:30
I believe that these prophets you speak of were nothing more than sly people who knew how to analyze the past and guess the future.

ESPECIALLY the really vague ones. Like ones that say the end will end in fire (Making generalizations here). They would obviously basing their idea off of the most powerful thing at that time; fire.

The fact that people think these people are special or holy, just shows to me a lack of common sense.

Edited by Otto Von Bismarck - 23-Jan-2009 at 04:30
Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war.

Otto Von Bismarck
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2010 at 19:32
Maybe Murat of the retinal scan, is not just making a rhetorical statement? Maybe he has found some inkling of the truth?

Just think of a "Spiral" thread of history? Round and round! Like the helix! Or more like a "spring", a "coil spring", a spring that can be compressed!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Apologia View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Apologia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2010 at 14:33
There is something to be said for self-fulfilling prophecies.Sometimes a prophet may be someone who correctly predicts something that is likely to happen, and then makes it happen by convincing everyone that it will happen. Such is the case with the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) when he correctly identified and harnessed the military power of the Bedouin for overseas conquest.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2010 at 14:56
Apologia! I wonder how you ever took such a nom de plum?

I have always wondered, just how did such a underpopulated area that we today call Saudi Arabia, ever produce such an excess of warriors? Most of the "homeland" of the Arabs, is, I presume, considered to be modern Saudi Arabia, c'nest pas?

Is not this nation now about 90% dessolate? Except for modern desalanation programs, would not the current population be deprived of fresh water and home grown foodstuffs? Could they even survive?

So, from just what part of the world did all of the Arabic warriors derive themselves?

Regards,
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2010 at 15:06
look to the germanic conquest. it has nothing to do with a mass of population. You need strong and if possible hopeless people and a fed up opponent, which has desintegrated a lot of its population. The Byzantine Empire was rotted inside, a lot of the oriental population belonged to heratic christianity and was persecuted. There were high taxes and more things that made the people ready for an conquest. Muslims accepted all Jews and christians as book owners, that was more than the Byzantine church did. I don't know how much taxes the christians paid after the muslim conquest, in the West the population often was feeling better under Germanic reign than under Roman

Edited by beorna - 12-Jan-2010 at 15:10
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2010 at 20:42
Same with Persia under the Sassanids.

the Byzantine and Persian Empires had destroyed each others armies in decades of war. Each side had lost hundreds of thousands of their best soldiers and ruined their economics. They were both politically and religiously corrupt empires by the time the Arabs began their conquests.

The Byzantines and Arabs were easy prey for the Arabs, and once they started conquering territory, they recruited more people (non-Arabs) to fill up their ranks.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2010 at 15:51
Just what made Mohammedianism so attractive to war age men? Was it the promise of so many "nubile virgins?"

This has to be the most attractive point?

Or do any of you disagree?
Regards,
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2010 at 16:41
I don't think Islam is necessarily attractive to warriors by general. The question would better be, what was the attraction of Islam for the Arabian groups. But as we see, there were a lot of jewish and christian groups already in Arabia. I for myself am convinced that the opposite of good and evil is important. People love it to have a clear line between it. Perhaps that is the reason for the success, to tell the people what is right anf what wrong.
The Muslim conquest was more a mix of reasons. The tribal system made it necessary to raid. No reign, no power, without prey. The religion was another point of course, the will to conquer for Allah. But there is not really a difference to other monotheistic religions.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2010 at 20:25
Bear, but the "Word" of Muhammad (PBHN) promised all men their own heaven and breeding ground with numerous virgins, if they fought for or died for the "Word!" Christians believed that mostly "The Lord" or "Lords" in general deserved a maiden! Hebrews, it seems, mostly had their "maidens" married soon after the first signs of adulthood was observed! Thus these "virgins" were "kept apart" and considered as "un-clean!"

Oh, but all of the other religions also considered a woman having her period as "unclean!" But, it seems that as soon as a daughter showed that she was ready to "conceive", they were put precisely into that very position! Please pardon the pun!

There just might well exist some connection?

As a matter of fact, why don't we just consider the Old biblical stories whereby, a woman, considered as beyond the correct age to become a mother, does indeed become on? Maybe that is the very reason that a "savior" or "redeemer", etc., had to have been born of a "Virgin?" I.e., a method to separate the "New" "Prophets" from the "Old" prophets?

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 17-Jan-2010 at 20:49
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2012 at 19:08
How do we know the stories of the prophets weren't based on historical events? Moses may well have led his fellow-Hebrews to Canaan and later writers may have retroactively claimed he had the gift of prophesy to explain his success
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply