Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Start your OWN Empire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Start your OWN Empire
    Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 17:27
Hello folks. This is a little game I just made up on the spot and basically if you can read (the title) then you pretty much know what this game is about. Here are the rules for playing this "Game"

1. Go onto the world map and find a location of where you would like your Empire to start from

2. Give an explanation of how and where it will expand to in the course of 50 years

3. Tell us the century your empire will be in

4. Tell us the form of government your empire will take (either one government from the beginning to end or multiple succession of governments)

5. And lastly, tell us how your empire will fall. (This one you can have the most fun with. Anything for it can be possible.)

So lets have a few Empires rolling here since this is ALLEmpires forum anyway =0
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 23:55
My empire is located in south africa (pretend I'm doing a lecture in some college)  they called thmeselves the Aparians they had christianity bought to them by Axumite and Byzantine monks. (BTW Ponce can we do armies, technology, learning, etc. and the like?) they started around six hundred A.D, because of the ideas the got from the byzantine and axumite monks they adopted the latin language and spoke it right up to the fall of the empire and system of government and the military system, they imported several byzantine dromons, and lots of military tehcnology and equipment, and scholars and lots of non-military tehcnology and ideas using axum as their contact to the world, and crewed their new dromons with axumite sailors and marines. Because of their land hungry emperor (JustinianII) and their new military the Aparians rapidly conquered south africa in twenty years (using a system where their soldiers were payed in small parcels of conquered land with a small portion of the revenue and resourses so in order to pay their people they had to take more land) they also expanded into the horn of africa in an other thirty years. They had no taxes whatsoever and used tariffs to support the govenrment and massive arms factories, their people were also very free and they were very advanced for their time they used the zero. They had a statewide police force, colloege, military academies, fire brigade and medical service that provided medical care and had very sophisticated sanitation laws, including hot and cold running water a sophisticated sewer system, and knowledge of of biology and physics and anyone could be emperor provided they had served in the army the government and among the people and they were well educated in everything the empire had to offer and had passed their exams with flying colors.

In the late sixteenth the empire was swarmed not by the forces of islam for the muslims feared the aparian the aparian army. But by barbarians and with axum their only friendly contact to the outside world the all but conquered  the Aparian empire virtually fell overnight. The last emperor Theodosius IV led the last sortie from the shattered gates of Appia the capital to by time for the fleeing refugees and the remnants of the govenment and the last of the Comitateneses, and there before the gates of appia the last emperor and his seven foot optimates and excubitores of proud aparia fell according to Ibn rashid a travleler who saw the battle from a safe distance: The emperor was the last to fall, mounting a dead optimates horse that was big enough to bear his massive frame he charged the barbarians calling out to the christian God he smashed into the barbarians and smote at least two hundred of them before a champion killed him however he smote the champion with his remaining strength and with his last breath called out to his and then to his wife. the barbarians buried him in a secret location with great reverence. Thats all, any questions?

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2008 at 15:03
Pretty good assessment of your empire I am very impressed

I will give your Empire a score of 8 out of 10.

Reasons why I did not give your Empire a 10 out of 10
-You did not give a clear explanation on how your empire will expand in the first 50 years of its existence. (After you explain that then you can commence in talking about later years)

And Belisarius after taking all of my suggestions into account you can add any other features that you wish such as technologies, armies, etc.

Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2008 at 16:10
my empire will have nukes enough said lol. give me a while I'll think of something.
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2008 at 22:01
It's a tad long, but I had to develop a little bit. Smile

It is well documented that around the turn of the first millennium AD, that the medieval Norse left their traditional lands from greener (and warmer) pastures. Many settled in mainland Europe and the British Isles, but others elected instead to brave the waters of the North Atlantic Ocean. After fifty years of colonizing Iceland and Greenland, a group of intrepid explorers in four ships, set out even further. During the Atlantic crossing, the group of four ships suffer the misfortune of running into a squall, three of ships navigate to the north, and with their good fortune land in modern day Newfoundland in Canada. Their story is well known and studied.

That fourth ship instead sailed south, and their story is lesser known. Having lost their convoy, the drifted for several days until they have the fortune of happening across land. With their food, fresh water, and mead all running low, the explorers make land and begin to scavenge for resources. During their initial explorations of the island, they have fleeting encounters with local Carib populations. With the protection of rudimentary armor and metal weapons, the explorers are able to resist the initial assaults. However, with their small numbers, they don't have a prayer of fending off any other sort of attacks. Using jewelry, and weapons, the surviving Norse explorers begin to barter their way into the local societies. Over the following century, local and Norse technology, and societal norms became as one, and their society grew stronger for it. They maintained the tribal chief, but integrated the Norse ideas of more open governing. Honor duels were instituted to settle local disputes. The Norse used the local customs and knowledge to survive, and the Carib populations benefitted from Norse knowledge of metalwork, and ship making.

By 1200 AD, the new Carib-Norse society controls the entirety of their island and looking to expand. Armed with Carib knowledge, Carib and Norse weapons and Norse ships, they set sail towards the modern island of Hispañola (Dominican Republic and Haiti). Within two years they conquer the island, and within ten years they’ve conquered Cuba. On the conquered islands they share their technology and societal benefits with the newly conquered peoples to increase loyalty. As the new empire’s territory and resources expand, they begin to build schools to convince the common folk of the benefits of their way of life. By 1240 they’ve expanded throughout the caribbean, and their ship building technology and navigation technique is unmatched throughout the world. By 1300 the Empire controls Cuba, Hispañola, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, the West Indies, Jamaica, and had begun to explore the northern portions of South America. Instead of tribal Chieftains or Emperors, they have a council of governors, who meet monthly, with the exception of catastrophic events. Each governor oversees a local council within his or her jurisdiction. The local councils address the day to day affairs of the reasons, only relying on the absolute power of the governor in the event of a stalemate.

It was until 1324 when the Empire began to decline. A series of devastating hurricanes decimated the massive fleets, isolating the islands and destroying much of the infrastructure they had worked to build. Disease and famine spread across the empire as water sources became tainted. The death blow to the empire occurred in 1325, when a powerful earthquake along the fault line between the North American can Caribbean tectonic plates caused a massive shift in sediment levels, causing the capital island to sink and shift into the sea. The ensuing series of waves largely decimated whatever had remained from their society. By the time the Spanish arrived in the 1490’s, nothing remained.

Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2008 at 02:01
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Pretty good assessment of your empire I am very impressed

I will give your Empire a score of 8 out of 10.

Reasons why I did not give your Empire a 10 out of 10
-You did not give a clear explanation on how your empire will expand in the first 50 years of its existence. (After you explain that then you can commence in talking about later years)

And Belisarius after taking all of my suggestions into account you can add any other features that you wish such as technologies, armies, etc.

Okay here you go (imagine someone in the back of the auditorium asking the professor what he didn't coverSmile)

Once the Aparians power was consolidated they expanded with their roman style army here are some of the factors

1 massive overpopulation every family had at least twelve kids and there were a total of nine million people in the the pre-expansion aparian territory 

2The aparians were always warlike every child male or female had a weapon placed in their crib at birth by the parents and were known for their ferocity

3 Because of the way they paid their troops they needed lots of land and because they were surrounded by enemies they had to have a strong and massive army which required more land and so if the troops weren't satisfied by the amount of revnue they had, well then go take the enemies land

Anyone want to know what happended to the refugees?   

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Arekushii View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Arekushii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 17:33
Sorry to revive this thread, but it's really intruiging for me, so here I go :P

In nomine.. (In the name of..)
Pınkwe šimti tre šešms aght it Čę (piinkweh shymtee treh shehshms aht) 538th year of Tcheu (God of sun)

My empire is located in Eastern Europe, in the territories of these current states of Western Ukraine, Western Belorussian, Northern Poland, Lithuania, Kaliningrad oblast' (Russia) and southern Latvia.
2nd century BC, being in a strategic position, gaining profit from trades with the Roman republic made this state inhabited by Padeanilaea (Padenilaese people, of uknown origin, some say they travelled from Indus river to this place other - they are the legendary Sumerians, truth is still unknown) into a rich and successful in waging wars with tribes nearby.
149BC, High Chief of the United tribes Şevak (Schshevakh) declared a statute where it was written that the form of government was changed from tribal democratical confederation, into a unified, centralised state with only one dynastical ruler.
148BC the new king Iąs (Yaus) I declared a new capital Podłaği (Podwadzhii) located on Neman river (Near modern Grodno)
135-124 BC Successional crisis between brothers Ževač(Zhevatch) and Kąui(Kwowi), total population loses are c. 15,500, Country fears the total decline
120BC - Order is restored Ževač gains total control of the Northern provinces
105BC - Baltic tribes attack Northern Provinces, Padenilaese are forced to reform their state, 34% of their territories are lost
88BC - Çeuk (Shtevk) II integrates and mixes Baltisms and Slavisms, making a pidgin known as Tak Kalbei (literally this thing to say)
64BC - Northern territories are lost, new shape is becoming noticable, Eastern Poland, Slovakia, Western Ukraine, new capital in Błek (Bwek) (near Uzhgorod city in Ukraine)
22BC - the last generation of Tak kalbei pidgin dies, a creole is born, Ček golpet (the same meaning, tchek golpeht)
18BC - 102 AD - Golden age, country's name was found, Batenila
9BC - Slavs comprise up to 48% of nation's population, new creole and proto-Slavic language confront each other, creole slowly dies.
1 AD - 14AD - First militaristic battles with Romans, all attacks are repelled
40AD - spread of first primitive christian temples
since 3rd cent. AD all records were lost..

After the end of this country's golden age, it vanished into the dark ages, unique language was lost, culture was destroyed, one theory is dominating, due to its assimilation, Slavs couldn't afford their political system, so they stayed divided, yet tribal democracy was still popular.. Many claim that this culture, christianity was in decline Slavs forcefully rejected the idea of embracing this religion..

Any questions? Feel free to ask :P phonological name changes are in theory, voiceless and voiced sounds were very weak at those times.

Edited by Arekushii - 26-Jan-2009 at 17:42
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2009 at 05:57

Hello folks. This is a little game I just made up on the spot and basically if you can read (the title) then you pretty much know what this game is about. Here are the rules for playing this "Game"

1. Go onto the world map and find a location of where you would like your Empire to start from

2. Give an explanation of how and where it will expand to in the course of 50 years

4. Tell us the form of government your empire will take (either one government from the beginning to end or multiple succession of governments)

5. And lastly, tell us how your empire will fall. (This one you can have the most fun with. Anything for it can be possible.)

So lets have a few Empires rolling here since this is ALLEmpires forum anyway =0

will u give us something if we do as what u've told us to do? LOL
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2009 at 17:20
Originally posted by Arekushii

Any questions? Feel free to ask :P phonological name changes are in theory, voiceless and voiced sounds were very weak at those times.

Was that some kind of Balto-Slavic mixed tribal confederation?
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2009 at 23:39
Originally posted by cahaya

will u give us something if we do as what u've told us to do? LOL

If I am in a happy and creative mood..maybe
 Post Reply Post Reply