Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fantasy Duel#9 Janissary vs Samurai

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Wich will win?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [18.18%]
9 [81.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fantasy Duel#9 Janissary vs Samurai
    Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 14:33
think the janissary has a strong chance to win

Edited by aknc
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 22:23
just to be contrary
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 22:25
This one would be really close, I think it depends, what era jannisary and what era samurai?  Which domain and army dioes the samurai come from and what era of the osmanli reign does the jannisary come from?
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 06:00
I think the Samurai are greatly exaggarated.But if the janissary is from the 14th ,15th or 16th centuries(their golden age) then the janissary would cut the samurai to pieces
Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 07:27

If we're talking about the type of janissary who was equipped for close combat (the zirhli nefer), with lamellar armor, polearm (tirpan, et al), and sword (kilij), then he has a very good chance of winning.

However, if we're talking about an unarmored janissary archer or musketeer, let's just say that he'd better not miss...

"Who despises me and my praiseworthy craft,

I'll hit on the head that it resounds in his heart."

--Augustin Staidt, of the Federfechter (German fencing guild)
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 09:46
Yes.We are talking abaut zrhl nefer janissaries. had to be more specific sorry. also assumad both warriors on their golden ages.
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 11:32
[QUOTE=Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner]

If we're talking about the type of janissary who was equipped for close combat (the zirhli nefer), with lamellar armor, polearm (tirpan, et al), and sword (kilij), then he has a very good chance of winning.

However, if we're talking about an unarmored janissary archer or musketeer, let's just say that he'd better not miss...

[/Quote/]

Janissaries wore heavy chainmail armour and had bows in the 15th century and the first half of the 16th century .(then they started using muskets) Lamellar armour was used by some sipahi and the Seljuks.But the early Janissaries(the Penikolan's) might have wore lamellar armour  

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 11:35
So the janissary has a huge chance of winning.But i wanted to ask;weren't the samurai's also equipped with bows?

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 11:37
I believe some of them were equipped with bows
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 11:39
So it's an equal chance?

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 14:15
But Janissaries also have bows(or muskets, if the janissary used it accurately he could blast the samurai )
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 14:36
in the 16th century Japan had more personal firearms than any other country in the world in its military, so the fireamr argument is moot.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 14:38

Originally posted by Gazi

But Janissaries also have bows(or muskets, if the janissary used it accurately he could blast the samurai )

So,you already said it.But in close range fighting the janissary will win.

Post Reply Post Reply