Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fantasy duel #8 English knight vs Kapkulu Sipahi

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Wich will win?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [28.57%]
10 [71.43%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fantasy duel #8 English knight vs Kapkulu Sipahi
    Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 06:12
Lets see
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 07:46
The Ottoman's armor will fail to penetrate the Englishman's "armor of proof", and so he will target the horse instead.  Dismounted and stunned, the knight should be easy prey for the Ottoman horseman, but our brave Englishman is tough and resolute...
"Who despises me and my praiseworthy craft,

I'll hit on the head that it resounds in his heart."

--Augustin Staidt, of the Federfechter (German fencing guild)
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 09:21

Originally posted by Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner

but our brave Englishman is tough and resolute...

No matter how tough and resolute the knight is,i don't think that it can withstand a heavily armored Kapkulu Sipahi wich was a diciplined and expirienced soldier.

This was proven in the battle of Nicopolis.

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 09:25

This was proven in the battle of Nicopolis

How much Kapikular Sipahis take part in this battle ?

Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 10:07
What about an English man-at-arms in full plate, from the time of Henry VIII?  That's a little different than a French knight from the Nicopolis period.
"Who despises me and my praiseworthy craft,

I'll hit on the head that it resounds in his heart."

--Augustin Staidt, of the Federfechter (German fencing guild)
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 10:29
Originally posted by TJK

don't know for sure but the ones that skattered the French were definetly Kapkulu Sipahis and Janissaries

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 10:31

Originally posted by Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner

What about an English man-at-arms in full plate, from the time of Henry VIII?  That's a little different than a French knight from the Nicopolis period.

You are right but still i don't think a heavy man that has just fallen off his horse will be able to defend itself against a kapkulu sipahi.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 11:55
Originally posted by TJK

Probably none, since I believe the Kapikular Sipahi corps was formed half a century after that battle.

Edited by Styrbiorn
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 12:04

I think silidhari (sp?) were present earlier but they were really unnumerous...

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 13:16
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Originally posted by TJK

Probably none, since I believe the Kapikular Sipahi corps was formed half a century after that battle.

Normal Sipahi's were lighter so it makes it ceartain that the Ottoman will win.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 13:17
Originally posted by TJK

I think silidhari (sp?) were present earlier but they were really unnumerous...

True.Sipahi's were present.but not unnumerous.

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 06:17
The Kapkulu Sipahi were disciplined and brave.They were trained to be the ultimate cavalry.But I dont think there were any Kapkulu Sipahi at the battle of Nicopolis.Though they were present at the siege of Istanbul
Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
John the Kern View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote John the Kern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 08:28
 if the knight was fighting like most english kinghts or men-at arms he would be on foot just like the good king says, lol and would most likly have a poleaxe or mace
My peoples tale is written in blood
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 09:42
Still he will be no match for ha heavily armored charging cavalary armed with a mace or a sword

Post Reply Post Reply