Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nozzle Rage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nozzle Rage
    Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 01:57
Signs of our times- I thought this was hillarious!!!

http://www.nozzlerage.com/

Edited by eaglecap - 09-Aug-2008 at 02:02
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 11:42
What's the alternative? Off shore drilling...bah.

Stop making gaz guzzling cars and wasting energy all the time, then people can stop yapping on about rising gas prices. In Ireland, its the equivalant of about $9 to the gallon, and it's worse in some other countries, like England. Even if all of America's oil potential was realised, it still wouldn't cover it's own usage. Never mind increases in usage in the future.

I understnd the jest of the website, but to link terrorist organisations directly to OPEC, is to tell me that whatever the site and it's affiliate's agenda is, it is not worth listening to..
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 02:18
Originally posted by Dolphin

What's the alternative? Off shore drilling...bah.Stop making gaz guzzling cars and wasting energy all the time, then people can stop yapping on about rising gas prices. In Ireland, its the equivalant of about $9 to the gallon, and it's worse in some other countries, like England. Even if all of America's oil potential was realised, it still wouldn't cover it's own usage. Never mind increases in usage in the future.I understnd the jest of the website, but to link terrorist organisations directly to OPEC, is to tell me that whatever the site and it's affiliate's agenda is, it is not worth listening to..

Dolphin - I agree with many of your points but you cannot compare Ireland/Europe to USA/North America.

I have been to Ireland and Europe and your public transportation is much better than ours. Europe was really built for the train while the USA, especially west of the Missippi River, was built for the car. I would like to see changes. Another thing you don't have, in Ireland, is the wide open areas of nothing between our towns and cities; like the western half of the USA/Canada does. (I am near BC Canada in Spokane)

There is supposed to be a huge deposit in E. Montana which might finally be ecomonically feasible to tap. I do not oppose limited offshore drilling. We really need to move away from fossil fuels and find an alernative sources of energy. I think we probably would agree upon that. The buses in my city stink and it is much easier to drive but in time I hope to see a light rail come here and better bus service. Somthing like 70% of of our oil comes from; Canada, Mexico and the USA so comaparing your $9 a gallon to our $4 a gallon is like comparing apples to oranges. I agree also about the gas guzzling cars but this has improved somewhat in the last couple of decades but I hope to see more improvement.

I blame the oil companies, the devaluation of the US $ and speculators really more than the terrorist.

Have you been to the west half of the USA or Canada?

Sadly, my girlfriend lives three hours south in Walla Walla, Washington (state) so it is expensive to see each other.

comparison:
Washington state

Lovely Ireland:

Montana/ BC Canada are much worse

Edited by eaglecap - 13-Aug-2008 at 02:24
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 08:44
Hi Eaglecap,

Yes alternative sources of energy are definetely the bes idea, even if the amount available is limited. It would be best to develop alternative sources to the max, even at the high cost, and then try to assess the amount that has to be done after that. I have been/ am in the west coast of America, and what I see is that there is far too much cars on the road that are unfeasible and only a mark of people who can afford the prices and really don't care about the damage it is doing.

Public transport in Ireland is poor, but yeah in a country with 4.2 million people the issue is not the same as in a country with states that have almost ten times the population alone. Where I live in Monaghan, north of Dublin, where I go to Dublin, there is a motorway that brings me there in one hour thirty minutes and that is a third the length of the country. I get it that America is definitely a very different country to Ireland, but with regard to the advertisment I think they miss the point altogether.

Do you think that reopening the oil fields off the west coast and opening new ones is a good thing? I think that at the minute, with so many people driving cars and no sign of the attitudes changing that they are a viable option, but in the long run, amybe they just pass the problem off until some one else comes up with a long term solution.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2008 at 19:38
Originally posted by Dolphin

Hi Eaglecap,Yes alternative sources of energy are definetely the bes idea, even if the amount available is limited. It would be best to develop alternative sources to the max, even at the high cost, and then try to assess the amount that has to be done after that. I have been/ am in the west coast of America, and what I see is that there is far too much cars on the road that are unfeasible and only a mark of people who can afford the prices and really don't care about the damage it is doing.Public transport in Ireland is poor, but yeah in a country with 4.2 million people the issue is not the same as in a country with states that have almost ten times the population alone. Where I live in Monaghan, north of Dublin, where I go to Dublin, there is a motorway that brings me there in one hour thirty minutes and that is a third the length of the country. I get it that America is definitely a very different country to Ireland, but with regard to the advertisment I think they miss the point altogether. Do you think that reopening the oil fields off the west coast and opening new ones is a good thing? I think that at the minute, with so many people driving cars and no sign of the attitudes changing that they are a viable option, but in the long run, amybe they just pass the problem off until some one else comes up with a long term solution.

I tend to agree we do have too many cars per person but public transport is not very good in much of the USA either. Come to think of it ireland's public transport is not as good as other parts of Europe. Outside of the cities Greece is not so good either. I looked into taking the Grey Hound bus to Walla Walla but I can drive there for much cheaper. I agree that we have to change our course but untill then we need to do something about this problem. Drilling in Montana would be much better than off shore but I need to get more info about the recent oil discovery in that state- 1999.
I have tried to car pool with people at work but so many American are so independent. I am joining a local backpacking club so I can meet others for hiking/backpacking and car pool to the wilderness areas.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2008 at 02:35

Sadly, my girlfriend lives three hours south in Walla Walla, Washington (state) so it is expensive to see each other.

3 hours at $4 a gallon is nothing.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2008 at 03:59
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

3 hours at $4 a gallon is nothing.

It is windy country roads and very hilly which tend to eat up the gas although you are probably right compared to many countries.

Look up the Brekken oil formation online- very interesting- I could not post a link but even this is as good as they say we need to get off of this oil addiction- we meaning the whole world.

August 16th, 2008
The U.S. Geological Survey just published its official results of a groundbreaking study.

Its report confirmed a massive oil reserve in an area the locals have nicknamed the "Bakken," which stretches across North Dakota, Montana and southeastern Saskatchewan.

The new USGS study estimates a whopping 3.65 billion barrels of oil in the Bakken... but here's what they didn't mention:

The reported 3.65 billion barrels of oil mean estimate is for 'undiscovered' oil only, and doesn't include known oil, such as reserves.

In fact, the study reports a 25-fold increase in the amount of oil that can be recovered... compared to the agency's estimate back in 1995.

Discovered over 50 years ago, the Bakken deposit--once impossible to extract--is now being hailed as the single largest oil find in US history.
 Post Reply Post Reply