Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NBA Playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NBA Playoffs
    Posted: 06-May-2008 at 14:23
Things are heating up this year. Boston was forced to seven games by Atlanta and now faces Cleveland. The Pistons are up 2-0 in the second round versus the Magic. The Lakers are leading the Jazz 1-0 and New Orleans has jumped to a surprising 2-0 lead over defending champs, San Antonio.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2008 at 17:08
I am very angry at San Antonio. Waking up in the middle of the night just to watch them get blown out twice in a row in New Orleans is very frustrating. Hopefully they will get 2 victories in home court, but I am afraid I wont have a patience to get up early again to watch them, especially since university exams will start after two weeks.
Brent Barry so war was the most consistent from their roster in western semis which is worrying.
But I still believe that they will win it all. Finals should be SA vs Det.

Edited by Roberts - 06-May-2008 at 17:09
DSMyers1 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DSMyers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2008 at 17:47
Originally posted by Roberts

I am very angry at San Antonio. Waking up in the middle of the night just to watch them get blown out twice in a row in New Orleans is very frustrating. Hopefully they will get 2 victories in home court, but I am afraid I wont have a patience to get up early again to watch them, especially since university exams will start after two weeks.
Brent Barry so war was the most consistent from their roster in western semis which is worrying.
But I still believe that they will win it all. Finals should be SA vs Det.

I think the Hornets will take them down.  The Spurs have always won the close games, but they can't keep that up forever.  The Hornets' youth and athleticism seem to be getting to them.  Actually, it's mostly just Chris Paul, but one superstar can carry a team if that team is built right.  And I think the Hornets are very well built to play to Chris Paul's strengths.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2008 at 17:27
Im just so sad the raptors and knicks lost.i guess i will be rooting for the cavaliers. i hope they dont lose to the celtics!!
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2008 at 20:10
I'm pulling for the Celtics in the east (Go Boston!) and the Hornets in the west. I've liked them since they were in Charlotte, and Chris Paul is an amazing point guard. 
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2008 at 18:22

Kobe! Kobe! Kobe! Kobe! Kobe!

King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 05:33
Ahhhhhhhhhh.     Pisons lost game 5.  But I still think if anyone can do it , that would Pistons.  They shot well.  Both Chauncy and Rasheed.  That's good sign,  Prince and McDyess were got held in check though.  Obviously Celtics made adjustment for Prince and McDyess and that opened up Chauncy and Rasheed.  Whole starting line up for Celtics played well.  Ray Allen found his stroke.  Perkins was playing like Moses Malone.  Rondo did what he was capable doing well, but he's gotta make some jump shots though.  That will give him even better opportunities to dribble in side.  He can be like Gary Paytoin if he makes jump shot. But the advantage goes to Celtics for sure.   It's been a great series .  I think it will be a game 7 last minute kind of finish.  I hope so.
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 16:39
Seems that with every game a new hero emerges. Before it was McDyess and last night Perkins. Pistons have their work cut out for them. Unless they bring their "A" game for the next two Boston will have the advantage. I think it will go to seven as well. Then all for the money.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 16:47

Are Bill Lambert and Dennis Rodman still playing for the Pistons? Wink

As you may know, i follwed the NBA in the 1980s and 90s, when i was playing basketball, too.

My favorite team were the Charlotte Hornets with Grandma Johnson, Zo Mourning and Mugsy Bogues.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 16:53
You have fond memories of a byegone era. Lambier is coaching the women's Detroit Shock with a couple trophies under his belt. Rodman is always behind bars.

The new group is getting rather old though UvH. Chauncy, 'Sheed', McDyess and co. don't have too many years left. The time is now to bust some butt.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 01:46
Game time.  Hamilton just made his first shot.  Good, his elbow must be feeling better.  The series is going to Game 7 baby!   See you guys in a couple hours wiht good news.  
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 05:39
That was so terrible.  I don't even know what to say. 

Well, congrats to Celtics.  They deserve it.  Happy for Garnett and Pierce.  Rondo and Perkins became men in this series.   Doc Rivers too.  I love the story of how Rivers was showing his team the tapes of old Ali fights.

I thought it was a good game throughout and as long as Pistons can keep it close they will finish better in the 4th quarter, but the opposite happened.  The turning point  actually when Pistons were start going ahead.  They were doing fine catching up to Celtics and then there was a series of bad officiating that gave Pistons 10 point lead.  That was capped with bad call on Pierce's 4 point play called as an offensive foul.  Cmon I see Chauncy do that all the time. 

But that was when Cetics boys became men.  Instead of complaining and distracted by bad calls, they went quite and focused.  I could read it in their faces, 'Alright, we got nothing to lose in this game.  We got another game at home.  But is that(bad officiating) what it takes for you to beat me at your home?  Then I've already beaten you straight up.'   Rondo still can't hit the jumpers with consistency, but he did when they needed to make one.  Perkins didn't go Moses Malone again, but that block on Chauncy finished Pistons off.   

I didn't like this Celtic team all year probably since the trades.  I was like 'Garnett's always a great pick up but I would have gotten Tyson Chandler or Marcus Camby type guys to free up Garnett defensively with the money I would spend on Ray Allen.'    I was so close to be right.  Well, I think I'm still right on that.  Except it is not that easy to grab a proven big man in NBA.   Either way Ray Allen was good enough to beat Pistons.

Pierce amazing!  God, I miss Antoine Walker days.  Pierce made Tayshawn the cool customer timid.  And then took over in the 4th quarter.  It all started with 4 point play.  Refs can take away the points.  But they can take away that he made that shot even if it doesn't count. 

Composure under pressure.  That is a measure of maturity and experience.  Something you get aged with.   Tonight, Celtics got matured, experienced, got aged over 12 mins of a besketball game.  They became men.  My hat's off to them.
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 18:11
The 2 most successful franchises in history finally meet again. The ancient rivalry is reborn.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2008 at 09:22
Going to be a crazy final series! yay! Cheers
I bet the Celtics are going to win it, but it sure wont be easy. Game 7 is possibility...  
 Post Reply Post Reply