Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holocaust Deniers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holocaust Deniers
    Posted: 25-May-2008 at 11:49
There are to things about the standard Holocaust depiction that won't stand on a consistent economic analysis: 1. Mass gasing; 2. Mass cremation.
Let's think of the problem differently (Please think of this as a hideous mind game).
I am ruling over a population that consist of different races. I have a racial standard and only those that fit are to be cared of. What do I do with the rest, since they are not all the same? First, I rule them out as possible competitors. Now, I got myself stuck in this damn war and the resources grow thinner and thinner. I have to do something to preserve them while being efficient in using them. I cannot let the untermensch get out of their niche. I don't want to just kill them since it is not (yet) feasible. What do I do?
1.Let's round them up and isolate them from the main population.
2.Let's use them as cheap labour force (slaves).
3.Let's work them to death.
4.Let's try to not being so obvious about these things.
Problems to solve:
a. disease - minor dissinfection procedures, mainly to keep the ones that survey them healthy.
b. guards - minor personel requirements; select from the prisoners those who are willing to play the game for us for some comfort (+food, clothes, etc.); make sure they behave worse than our men; keep the prisoners not only scared, make them as confuse and desperate as possible.
c. dispose of the corpses
cremation is in order with minimal costs (children, women, small bodies).
mass graves - once or twice a day, based on the amount of corpses. Preferably stack them by hundreds.
dispose on site - for those working in open country; just make sure you account for them.
mass graves
*disposal of living irecoverable prisoners is always allowed.
d. food - only what is available; the camps are not to preserve the subhumans or to feed them; just make sure to profit from them to the maximum.
e. PR - not much of a problem while I keep isolating the individuals; make sure some of them escape; keep a few in good condition to testify that they were well treated.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2008 at 15:14
I don't understand your point that this 'won't stand' economically.

You do however overlook the question of what to do with the 'untermenschen' who can't do hard labour - basically women, children and the old. The answer is efficiently kill them, and then cremate the bodies in due course, along with the ones who have been worked/starved to death. Briefly, that's what happened alongside your scenario.

The first item of business in Auschwitz and elsewhere was always to sort out the two groups.

The question of efficiently killing is resolved nicely by mass gassing.

Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2008 at 07:34
Originally posted by gcle2003

If only those two methods would have been used the resources to spend would have been unaivalable
You do however overlook the question of what to do with the 'untermenschen' who can't do hard labour - basically women, children and the old. The answer is efficiently kill them, and then cremate the bodies in due course, along with the ones who have been worked/starved to death. Briefly, that's what happened alongside your scenario.
 The first item of business in Auschwitz and elsewhere was always to sort out the two groups.
Nein. Mass gasing is resource costing. Let them starve to death or die from disease. Off course separation of familly members is required. How else would you make them uncertain about their fate? And the Vaterland doesn't need only "hard laborers". So, women and children can prove useful for some time.

[/QUOTE]
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2008 at 11:56
Originally posted by Cezar

Originally posted by gcle2003

If only those two methods would have been used the resources to spend would have been unaivalable
OK, I understand now what you're saying.
Nein. Mass gasing is resource costing. Let them starve to death or die from disease. Off course separation of familly members is required. How else would you make them uncertain about their fate? And the Vaterland doesn't need only "hard laborers". So, women and children can prove useful for some time.

[/QUOTE]

I can see your point. But nothing says that the Nazis necessarily came to the most efficient solution. They're not the first or only organisation to come up with sub-optimal solutions.
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2008 at 07:51

What I was trying to point out is that too many are focusing on how it was done. Some deniers of the genocide commited by the nazis state that it would have been impossible to cremate x corpses, therefore there was no such action therefore the genocide is a hoax. Actually I was making some points that show the genocide was feasible. And it happened. So wether people have been starved to death or shot doesn't matter. They were killed on purpose, for the only reason that they didn't fit a racial/political standard. That's genocide. To discuss how it was done is acceptable. To question if it happened is not.  

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2008 at 14:01
I couldn't agree more. In fact why it was done and how virtually an entire country could be drawn into accepting it are also worthwhile questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789