Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strongest world power now adays.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Poll Question: What today do you think the strongest world power now?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
36 [60.00%]
7 [11.67%]
1 [1.67%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.67%]
7 [11.67%]
1 [1.67%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.67%]
2 [3.33%]
4 [6.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strongest world power now adays.
    Posted: 08-Nov-2007 at 22:35
Deano, as your pseudo English instructor I am giving you an 'E' for your punctuation and lazziness. You must stay after school for detention.Cool

No more Chinese toys for you this Christmas.

Edited by Seko - 08-Nov-2007 at 22:38
Peteratwar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Peteratwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2007 at 09:24
Originally posted by Deano

Nigeria wasnt ever conquered.It held of the french and brits.

How come the UK gave them their independence and it was part of the British Empire ?
Peteratwar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Peteratwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2007 at 09:27
Originally posted by Illirac

Originally posted by longshanks31

in specific england 1066 last time.  and soz spelt thailand wrong

last time was in 1314 by Robert the Bruce...

No, there were many more invasions than that and were all defeated. I believe the last one was an abortive one during the Napoleonic Wars when a small French force landed in Wales and soon surrendered
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2007 at 09:52

U.s has a very wavering aconemy at the moment due to no one buying in the hosing market,all these horible made chinese toys being re called and that loses compines money.Als many other factors.America may oops IS going down hill fast.

Things are going to get ugly for the US. Relatively ugly, that is. They won't be able to afford more than a modest military in the future, incomes will drop spectacularly, and there will be massive changes in the society. On the other hand - it's all relative. They're not going to drop til they become the next Africa or anything, its just a particularly painful adjustment that will bring them in line with their closest competitors. It's the kind of thing that will allow the US to continue to claim and perhaps even truly believe it's still the lone superpower, even though its rivals have caught up and in reality it is in the company of equals. Kind of like the British during the interwar period. Except, the Americans won't be forced to confront their diminished status by war as the British did in WW2. If anything like the Suez Crisis happens to them as it did to the British, they'll poo-poo its relevance as they are fairly secure in their insularity.

Eventually they'll return to isolationism and make like they still have the status and relevance they always did, just that they're choosing not to exercise it.

Edited by edgewaters - 09-Nov-2007 at 09:59
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2007 at 19:14
Originally posted by Peteratwar

Originally posted by Illirac

Originally posted by longshanks31

in specific england 1066 last time.  and soz spelt thailand wrong

last time was in 1314 by Robert the Bruce...

No, there were many more invasions than that and were all defeated. I believe the last one was an abortive one during the Napoleonic Wars when a small French force landed in Wales and soon surrendered

Yes, of course...but after that they were all defeated(the invading forces)
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
Deano View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2007 at 01:10
E IS NOT A GRADE!

Edited by Deano - 10-Nov-2007 at 14:40
I AM FARTAKUS!
Deano View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2007 at 01:12
Originally posted by Seko

Deano, as your pseudo English instructor I am giving you an 'E' for your punctuation and lazziness. You must stay after school for detention.Cool

No more Chinese toys for you this Christmas.

Your not the boss of me teach.And I put on my leather jacket and ride my motercycle into the wind .

Edited by Deano - 10-Nov-2007 at 01:23
I AM FARTAKUS!
Deano View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2007 at 22:11
5 more chinese made stuff re called today!
I AM FARTAKUS!
Goblin Monkey View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Goblin Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2008 at 02:54
Deano sucks at spelling.
Is it just me or did your mom just wink at me?
indian tamil View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote indian tamil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2008 at 07:12
WHY NOT INDIA? EXCEPT POLITICAL DOMINATION , INDIA IS ON PAR WITH MANY COUNTIRES IN MANY RESPECTS
IamJoseph View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote IamJoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2008 at 02:21

Wich country do you think is the strongest geographicley,militarily,and politicley?I have a 2 way tie between china and america.Because china manufactures 600,000,000 items a day and they are a fast groing powerfull wealthy nation.And america because well its america and we invented nas-car and hooters so go america.

Israel. One must measure power by the opposition it is subjected to, and its withstanding thereby.

Here, in a few short years, Israel has managed to make more new contributions to humanity than any other nation in history - including China, Russia and America. The cell phone and instant messaging, voice tech, medical and scientific breakthroughs, military and advanced weaponry, and democrasy in a region which never saw this happen before - makes it a state which must be listed up there.

America, China, Europe and India are now among Israel's biggest clients,  and global organisations such as Microsoft Israel, Google, Sony, 3, NASA have satelite ventures HQ'ed in Israel. This despite being targeted existentially on a daily basis.
Moses - the First Zionist.
IamJoseph View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote IamJoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2008 at 02:24
Originally posted by indian tamil

WHY NOT INDIA? EXCEPT POLITICAL DOMINATION , INDIA IS ON PAR WITH MANY COUNTIRES IN MANY RESPECTS

I see India on a big ascent, in the future more so than China, and halted only by its conflict with Muslims.
IamJoseph View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote IamJoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2008 at 02:30
Originally posted by edgewaters

U.s has a very wavering aconemy at the moment due to no one buying in the hosing market,all these horible made chinese toys being re called and that loses compines money.Als many other factors.America may oops IS going down hill fast.

Things are going to get ugly for the US. Relatively ugly, that is. They won't be able to afford more than a modest military in the future, incomes will drop spectacularly, and there will be massive changes in the society.

I don't think so. America, unlike other nations, has the means to turn around in a jiff. She has to be measured the greatest nation the past few centuries and remains so now - despite the envy borne of shame from the other nations. A single American nerd can make all other nations totally dependent on her again - while the other nations cannot achieve this even if they had a greater nerd with a greater discovery. America is a light which makes this planet more beautiful and they are a very decent, honest, generous and positive nation, made of an amalgamation of all sectors of humanity.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2008 at 03:09
Originally posted by IamJoseph

I don't think so. America, unlike other nations, has the means to turn around in a jiff. She has to be measured the greatest nation the past few centuries and remains so now - despite the envy borne of shame from the other nations. A single American nerd can make all other nations totally dependent on her again - while the other nations cannot achieve this even if they had a greater nerd with a greater discovery. America is a light which makes this planet more beautiful and they are a very decent, honest, generous and positive nation, made of an amalgamation of all sectors of humanity.

United States (America isn't the only country in the Western Hemisphere Confused) has the control today, not because is a lighthouse, but because it has the best universities.
That's the secret of its success, so far. That could change in the future and very likely it will.

Edited by pinguin - 13-Dec-2008 at 03:11
Goblin Monkey View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Goblin Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2008 at 00:26
How do Universities mean the welfare of a struggling econemy?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2008 at 01:24
The universities provide for a educated and highly value human capital that produces a good economy. The current economy is obviously in a recession, that has no overall bearing on the general dominance of the United States over the last fifty years. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345