Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Samurai Warriors?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samurai Warriors?
    Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 00:45
Anyone ever play the Samurai Warriors and Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends game for PS2 by Koei?

In Honor
Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 08:46
Yes. Great games for the hack-and-slash genre.
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 11:54
Yes, I is just like Dynasty Warriors 4. It's a really awsome game, especially the  in side the castle battles, well it's only you that battles into the top level of the castle. I'd give the game a 9.8 out of 10.  
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 17:54
On the the greatest I have ever played, and when I was playing it I was goiong through my samurai fetish phase so the experience was even more heightened.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 22:53
I thought it was a nice game, and a little funny too. For those who know Japanese history very well shoulder know that Nobunaga often teased Mitsuhide Akechi about his receding hairline. In the game however, Mitsuhide is protrayed as having very long hair.

... Well, I found that funny.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 23:10

in all of these types of games everyone has luxurious hair often of purple of blue hue.

I can almost imagine Nobunaga in a salon having some poor ashigaru work in the neon purple highlights...

-Alexander Hamilton
Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 13:47
All these types of games? Surely you don't mean in Koei's version of the hack-and-slash, as that is definitely not the case. In any of them...

Edited by Bryan
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 14:25
not in that one, but in most anime inspired games that take place in history people have odd scifi armor and purple hair thats 10 feet long, whySamurai Warriors is good is because it doesnt have that crap.
-Alexander Hamilton
Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 14:43

Mainly because it's not anime inspired. I don't know where that idea came from...

Although Koei's first costume for Keiji Maeda does have the ten foot long look to it... or at least 3-4 feet long.

Edited by Bryan
 Post Reply Post Reply