Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Formula 1 - Any Fans..?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formula 1 - Any Fans..?
    Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 10:22
I didn't used to watch it, but now I love it..

My favourite driver is Louis Hamilton, even though he's British..Wink

Any big fans and who's your favourite driver?
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 10:29

How'd you end up on the darkside then?

Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 10:43
I started watching last year, and now that I understand the qualifying and pitting and now tjhat there's a lot more competition in the sport I've really got into it...Have you given it a chance?

I also like cricket btw...Woooo
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 11:06

Why would I give a load of cars running around a circuit a chance?

Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 11:32

Yep, remember me old man taking me to see the 1986 British Grand Prix and Ive been hooked ever since.

I would recommend getting along to see an event if possible, even if its just a qualifying day, the noise and the speed of the cars is just incredible, it really doesnt translate to the television.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 15:39

I've been watching Formula 1 for years when I lived in Munich. It is exciting to watch, and the manuevers, and intricacies of the track are intriguing, and captivating once you get into it. Unfortunately it isn't as easy to acess here in the US as it is in Europe. Nascar, and other junk like that here is just painful to watch.

Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 22:45
I enjoy watching F1 when it is actually shown here in the U.S.  My favorite driver was Michael Schumacher, I hadn't even realized he had retired till like three months ago.  Unless you get the SPEED channel here F1 is shown maybe three times a year.  My current favorite active driver is Kimi Raikkonen.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2007 at 16:28

....I generally enjoy F1 and have done for some years now, but the recent Belgium grand prix was abysmal...stunningly boring except for the first corner from the start, when Alonso made his intentions perfectly clear to Hamilton that the 'Spaniard' was still in the fight!!!!....(i spent most of the race wondering how Hitler had planned the Ardennes offensive and how such beautiful countryside could be wrecked by such war havoc...)

....have to go with Mickey Schumacher as the best driver i have ever seen in F1, when he ffirst started racing, i noted that he would either kill himself or become the best F1 driver the sport has ever seen, well, he became the best as far as i am concerned.....have a soft spot for Kimi Raikkonen as he has got to be the most 'coldest' unstimulating personality in F1LOL, but his driving is superb, he deserves to be a champion one day....
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 16:31
Originally posted by Act of Oblivion

....I generally enjoy F1 and have done for some years now, but the recent Belgium grand prix was abysmal...stunningly boring except for the first corner from the start, when Alonso made his intentions perfectly clear to Hamilton that the 'Spaniard' was still in the fight!!!!....(i spent most of the race wondering how Hitler had planned the Ardennes offensive and how such beautiful countryside could be wrecked by such war havoc...)

Oh man, i must agree, i'm tired of boring circuits were the is impossible surpass and you see the cars going around one another without any interesting action...Well this is not for Spa, wich is by far the better of the F1 circuits!!

Pd. go go Fernando!!
 Post Reply Post Reply