Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleda The Hun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleda The Hun
    Posted: 23-Mar-2009 at 21:16
Originally posted by Hungo

Attila and Bleda (actually its Buda) were close brothers in good relationship. No fight between them, Attila didnt kill Buda as some western historicals claim.. As the Huns, Magyars, Scythians, had dual rulership. Attial was leader of the army, he was the hysical power of the Hun empire, while Buda was teh spiritual leader of the people. Thats how the balance is kept.

little off topic: There are 2 common versions of Attila death. Attila was not killed by her wife, and not died in bleeding nose by drinking wine. Even teh greek Priscos rhetor wrote down that Attila was drinking much anytime. He was far more wise leader than get ddrunk on any occasion. Attila was assasinated in a pact of the Western and Eastern Roman empire.

That is some very interesting information there.
The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2009 at 21:39

Attila and Bleda (actually its Buda) were close brothers in good relationship. No fight between them, Attila didnt kill Buda as some western historicals claim.. As the Huns, Magyars, Scythians, had dual rulership. Attial was leader of the army, he was the hysical power of the Hun empire, while Buda was teh spiritual leader of the people. Thats how the balance is kept.

little off topic: There are 2 common versions of Attila death. Attila was not killed by her wife, and not died in bleeding nose by drinking wine. Even teh greek Priscos rhetor wrote down that Attila was drinking much anytime. He was far more wise leader than get ddrunk on any occasion. Attila was assasinated in a pact of the Western and Eastern Roman empire.
Sources please?
Hungo View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Hungo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2009 at 21:24
Originally posted by es_bih

Sources please?

Search about Priscos rhetor, he was living Attila's camp for many ears, and he had the opportunity to look close on the life of the Huns.

Attila király katonája
Hungo View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Hungo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2009 at 21:30
I wouldgive you sources, but most of these books are in hungarian, and i dont know you bear this language or not. both the western and eastern roman empire wasnt capable to hold back the Hun empire. THe best idea was murder the symbol of the empire, Attila.The trick worked well, none of his 5 sons could control a big empire as Attila could. I have a good book about Attila's life, maybe i try totranslate two articles, oen about  is death other is about his empire&army  sizes.

* i had a mistake in the first post:
little off topic: There are 2 common versions of Attila death. Attila was not killed by her wife, and not died in bleeding nose by drinking wine. Even the greek Priscos rhetor wrote down that Attila was  NOT drinking much anytime. (, i missed the n'not' world. Yes he lived sober life.)
goodnight
Attila király katonája
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2009 at 19:02
Oh no not about the assasination that part made sense, I would rather have an explanation for such a shall we say "heavenly" view of Attila and Bleda. Seems a bit biased if you excuse my doubts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12