Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

English domination of Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English domination of Ireland
    Posted: 19-Jul-2007 at 08:18
Whiskey or whisky, it all goes the same way. Cheers and down the hatch!
elenos
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2007 at 09:09
I'd say eaglecap is pleased with the direction of this topic..!

Always happens in long discussion though. Dont forget another gem from Ireland- the Black Stuff. Guinness

elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2007 at 09:24
How did the Irish come to dominate the world? Have a boilermaker, a Guinness chased by a whisky and find out!  
elenos
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2007 at 10:01
Originally posted by Patch

Edgewaters wrote:-

'Uhm ... slight problem with this theory ... the IRA was engaged in their campaign chiefly from 1919 to 1921 ... the war was well over and done with, and they had not been granted Home Rule despite hundreds of thousands serving and dying for Britain. '

The question was about the 1916 rising. And there was I thinking WW1 ended on 11th November 1918.....

No question was asked about the 1916 rising, the topic is much wider in scope - you're the first to try to confine it to that. A poster made a statement that the 1916 rising was unnecessary as he felt that they would have been granted Home Rule after the war; a notion belied by the fact that after WW1, Ireland was engulfed in a guerrilla war to defend sovereignty proclaimed in the absence of Home Rule being implemented.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2007 at 07:21
I mentioned the Rising, edgewaters to divert attention away from the bruising match or ' stoush', a word i've just learned LOL, that was going on in earlier posts.

Is Collins considered favourably or negatively by British amateur historians nowadays?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456