Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is the best Rome game?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
andrew View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is the best Rome game?
    Posted: 08-Aug-2007 at 17:50
Originally posted by Constantine XI

My favourite is Rome Total War, upgraded with the Gold Edition total realism patch (6.3)
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 16:12
Ditto! Rome total war disgusted me - when you market a game as a historical one, you expect the writers to have more knowledge of that period than a 3 year old
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2007 at 23:38
Originally posted by Gharanai

Well I have played Rome Total War and felt it was the best ever about the history of the Roman Empire era but then I came up with it's expansion Barbarians at Gates , and Alexander.
These tow expansion packs were made it the Best ever game on Rome so I would recommend it.

Im not too fond of the Alexander expansion, but i do agree that the Barbarian Invasion is very fun.
Perun View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Perun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 06:17

RTW should be the best, even it is not historically so accurate (it doesn't matter, really). Barbarian Invasion is a real fun, ruling over hordes and sacking all those cities. Clown

I liked Civ and Caesar series...
Gromovnik
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 07:34
Originally posted by Perun

RTW should be the best, even it is not historically so accurate (it doesn't matter, really). Barbarian Invasion is a real fun, ruling over hordes and sacking all those cities. Clown

I liked Civ and Caesar series...

True, historical accuracy doesnt really matter in a game, what really matters is how fun the game is. Also, it is impossible for a game to be completely accurate anyway.
Perun View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Perun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 10:32
Originally posted by Penelope

True, historical accuracy doesnt really matter in a game, what really matters is how fun the game is. Also, it is impossible for a game to be completely accurate anyway.

RTW was a real fun. However, Medieval II - Total War is a true upgrade (this is off-topic, I know Smile). Maybe they could make another RTW using this upgraded engine...
Gromovnik
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12