Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kaka reigns

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Is Kaka the best footballer in the world now? If not, who else and why
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [41.67%]
4 [33.33%]
1 [8.33%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kaka reigns
    Posted: 03-Jun-2007 at 08:36
After AC's Champs League win, I've heard people saying that Kaka has arrived the best player in the world this moment.  Though Seedorf, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Maldini, all played great for them this year but after departure of Shevchenko, Kaka became not only their playmaker but also the targetman.  But I have to say the memory of Germany still too fresh to just hand it to Kaka though he was hardly the sole blame.   So I came up with few players impacted football greatly past 2-3 years.  For me, I would rather have Ronaldinho on my team then Kaka.  Feel free to mention other players not on the list.
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 04:02

Kaka is nothing.

He's only worth what, 80 million Euros to Real M? Tongue

Edited by I/eye - 22-Jun-2007 at 04:03
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 20:36
I just saw the Champs League Official magazine which rated Kaka at the top of 50 Most Powerful(?) Players in the World, which didn't surprise me because it would have reflected the Champs League success more than any other factors.

I do think his game has improved this year to a point where he seems comfortable at any front four positions, he was always able to dash across the half line bringing up the ball with great strides, can also bring it in from wings to the box. But in front of the goal, he was more opportunistic than anything until this year.  I think AC was comfortable enough to push up Kaka as the second striker and bolster up their central midfield defense, and having Pirlo and Seedorf helps out a lot of course.  The space in the box that was created by departure of Sheva opened up another aspect of Kaka's game which he filled right in when the team needed him more than ever especially after the corruption scandal and punishment they've went through.  It's funny AC wasn't even supposed to be in the tournament until they reduced the sentence.  I feel so bad for Steaua Bucharest, they even went out and got Ailton.  God, Ailton! I won't get into that now.

I voted for Ronaldinho. He is the reason why I pay for Gol TV, well, Robinho, too.  Those are the guys I dream of imitating in pick up games.  Like I'm this super footballer named Robinhnodinhonaldo.LOL  But I am disappointed how Barca gave away La Liga and Champs League.  And the World Cup!  But it does take a lot out of you to go through full season of La Liga, Champs League, Copa Del Rey, and those U.S. or Asia tours and to get ready for World Cup.  Zidane and Figo in 2002 was good example, even Rooney in last one.  It's hard to deliver every time even if you are the best player on the best team.

I see a couple of Cristiano Ronaldo votes.  He did almost same thing for Man U, like Kaka did for AC. he had to step up for Van Nistelrooy's departure.  It's funny Ronalinho also had to do the same thing  for Barca due to  Eto'o and Messi's injuries.  Though, all three scored more this year, AC and Man U brought home the big trophies.  Barca is becoming that 'Galacticos', too many superstar ball handlers for one ball to maintain chemistry.  Yes they still had a season that any other team would dream of and they can still dance around and ring you up like no other, but how they gave away La Liga was a real shame.

Other players I couldn't put in the poll. 

Terry, Ibrahimovich, Drogba, Eto'o, Ribery, Robinho, Ballack, A. Cole, Seedorf, Materazzi, Essien, Shevachenko, Deco, Viera, Puyol, Lahm, Luca Toni, Juninho, Figo, Maldini, Buffon, Cech, Vander Sarr, Ferdinando, Zambrotta......

Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2007 at 21:41
This year I'm still voting for Ronaldinho, in spite of the fact that he wasn't in the best physical condition of his career. However, I think that in a year or two the world's best player will be Leo Messi.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 00:46
I'm voting for Ribery.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 02:53
Ribery is great!  Everybody thought France was too old to do much in last World Cup, but not me.  I saw Ribery before he moved to Marseille, I think it was Bordeaux vs Nantes 2004, I was amazed by how he simply dominated.  it was like Messi and Nedved in one body, creative yet fierce.  Ribery, Abidal and Malouda saved French football.  Too bad I couldn't see much of Ribery's Marseilles action because Fox Soccor Channel dropped French, Dutch, Brazilian, German leagues, I don't know why they even have a soccer channel, why bother?  They do carry Argentinian league, though.  Milan Classics are cool, too, though they rarely show those Dutch trio games.  I would love to see those Milan derbies with AC's Dutch trio vs Inter's German trio.

Anyway Ribery rocks!    
aslanlar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote aslanlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2007 at 23:06
If Ribery stayed at Galatasaray and not screwed us over, then he would be kool. But now, he sucks. AHha
"The league is alright when sparrows dispute but it can do little when eagles argue" -Mussolini
Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2007 at 03:50
kaka is nothing!!
              AC Milan is bad!

I had a revenge against AC Milan.
"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 08:11
Reality is kaka
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2007 at 02:42
LOLBig%20smileTongueWink
Reality is really 'kaka'ed out.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 18:30
Kaka was clearly the best player in the first half of this year(second half of last season) by leading scandal ridden overachieving AC Milan to the Champs League trophy.  But how they have struggled this season so far(though you can't blame that on Kaka), you gotta wonder if his reign has ended already.  Ronaldinho is also getting alienated in Barca.  It's so hard to stay at the top in the world of football these days.  Messi seems to be the best player in the early season so far but I've already voted.  Maybe time for the Player of the Year Award poll. 
 Post Reply Post Reply