Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Italy, USSR,Japan, and Ethiopia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Italy, USSR,Japan, and Ethiopia
    Posted: 23-Jan-2005 at 19:46

http://users.ju.edu/jclarke/wizzatb.html

Ive found alot of documents related to the second Italo-Abysinian war of 1936 but this one is the best at description.  It seems that alot of political meneuvering was going on on the international scale over Italy's actions, including an almost major breakdown of Japanese-Italian relations as Japan had been visited by Ethiopian diplomats intrested in modernizing but not by doing it with the aggressive Europeans empires that threatened it.  There also were Japanese nationalists who wanted to spearhead a 'colored mans" counter attack against white Europeans.  the Soviet Union usd this as race baiting to suck uo to Italy and on and on it goes....

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2011 at 19:27
All these countries had the same motives: create a puppet government that would allow them to extract the nation's resources. Regardless of what you call it, imperialism was far from dead (even after the British and Europeans gave up their empires)
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Michael Mckean View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Michael Mckean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2012 at 08:43
The Italians desired a 'New Roman Empire'. This was Musollininis dream.
The sun never sets on the British Empire
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2012 at 19:15

That's right. Fascism is itself based on the imagery of ancient Rome. The fasces symbolised the power of the state: a bundle of rods for beating people and the axe used for beheadings

Edited by Nick1986 - 12-Feb-2012 at 19:15
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply