Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X3: Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X3: Reunion
    Posted: 08-Apr-2007 at 22:51
He, the other game i bought the other day.
I've been looking for this sort of game for ages, a sort of Escape Velocity only in 3D, with much better graphics and a better universe (think, pirates in space, only you can be peacefull if you want).
You are totaly immersed in the universe, its excellent. There is a plt, and there are missions, but its an entirely open game, do what you want type thing.

Theres alot that is good about it, but for now, noticable weaknesses are:
-Seemingly slow pace, possibly fixable with the 'SETA' thing (need to twaek the settings, maybe X10 or above).
-Inferface is awkward, but then with so many commands that is perhaps inevitable.
-Lack of descriptive information on buying ships, somewhat of a pain, especialy as many ships have different varients and its difficult to see whats different about them.

Meh, it rocks. No really, Tortuga two is extremely meh in comparison.
Arrrgh!!"
Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 07:42

Ive just bought this game myself.

I have a few hours each week play time on the PC while the missus is at yoga, so I thought this would be a good up to date version of the Elite space trading game I used to play many years ago on my Sinclair spectrum 48k.

I guess its going to take a while to get into the game, Ive heard the learning curve is quite steep.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 16:44
Yeah, after a while you will have lots of automated trading runs set up, so you get money AND focus on teh fun stuff (blowing up oirates and doing the missions). The initil exporation of th euniverse can be tedious though.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply