Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new forum
    Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 23:47
i suggest that we should open a forum on sports, after all, sports have played a big role in the developement of our society, and i believe there are many members who are also sports fans.
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2007 at 01:38
I am very much a sports fan.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2007 at 08:13
Me 2 + we can discuss the history of sports and learn about new(well old) traditional sports of sporting eventsThumbs%20Up
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2007 at 09:49
You can send your posts in intellectual discussion, cultural history, modern history etc... The only problem I see with opening a Sport history forum is why not also opening a Cinema History, Maritime History, Food History, ... Besides, lets face most of us would not talk about history but about the very last game.
I am a free donkey!
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2007 at 23:16
c'mon Maharbbal can t we at least give it a shot, besides, i dont see why we can t open Cinema History, Maritime History, Food History, ...
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 22:01

Anything related with food gets my vote...

Join us.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 12:09
I think food history and sports history are very good ideas, because although some people enjoy the military side of history more, it shouldn't take precedence over the other aspects of history. Sometimes really good topics can get lost in the back pages of the present topics and forums, so giving these topics their own solid section would promote more serious and structured discussion, and would shake things up a bit, which you can't deny is needed every now and again in an online forum..
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 14:47
Thanks for your suggestions folks. With your ideas, and with a few of our own, new subforums will be added. Stay tuned.

Edited by Seko - 13-Mar-2007 at 14:47
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 13:22
Thanks Seko, really been dying to get a debate started on where football came from- England? Or Belgium? Or The Netherlands??

Thanks

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2007 at 07:16

I think a sports subforum would go down well, save them clogging up the tavern

On the topic of new subforums how about a picture one other than the historical one? A place where people like J.P.Viera and other artists could post there works and others could give them praise and/or feedback, or even for others to post funny pictures without clogging up the Tavern etc.

Post Reply Post Reply