Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tortuga - Two Treasures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tortuga - Two Treasures
    Posted: 08-Mar-2007 at 14:31
Just finished playing the demo, havn't stopped drooling yet.

Wow, it looks stunning. I've had an eye on Ascaron for while, as i rather liked Port Royale and The Patrician, but the sequel for Port Rotale was meh. I never tried the first Tortuga game, but if th esequel is anything to go by, its probably worth a try.

Download the demo and try it, its pretty demanding on graphics (its a new game, just released a few days ago), and it actualy uses those PhysX cards if you have one (it works without one, but it till installs the drivers for them).
Its sublime, i'm gonna buy this one as soon as i find the time.
Arrrgh!!"
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2007 at 22:15
Awesome! Thanks for sharing...

Join us.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 13:12
So i went out and bought it. Its even better than the demo lets on.
The graphics are beautifull, its used pixel shader very well for sunset on sea like effects. But its probably not that demanding, i have a middle of the range geforce7 card and i can run it on max and its mostly fine save the odd lag here and there.
The game is plot driven though, which could be a slight draw back (if finish, then what? or alternativly, can' go beyond that certain mission, then what?) but its looking fine so far. If your a sucker for the pirate genre and don't mind plot driven games, then go for it.

Edit: Hmm, well the sea battles are stunning, but the land element (not exactly a smal part of the game) is very meh. It feels like half the game is a bit missing. At first i thought, neat, its not insanely difficult for someone who doesn't play many action/combat games, but it gets a bit dull.
This extands to graphics, at sea its sublime, but the land bit is, well lacking, very much so. Its like its a naval battle engine plus graphics, with some stuff added to it. I can see this being a play the plot though and forget type game. A shame. Ascaron otherwise do exelent strategy games.

Still worth a shot at it for pirate fanatics though.

Edited by Cywr - 07-Apr-2007 at 17:38
Arrrgh!!"
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 09:28
Just finished this game. Once you get into it, its rather easy, sadly. The ending was very dissapointing, and i hugely underestimated the graphics requirements ( i had to go down to 1024 = 700, no AA and minimum effects to play the more serious sea battles).
A game that had so much potential but feels very rushed, right down to the 'See battles' (its 'sea').
Still, the sea battle graphics were stunning, which got me hooked, this engine should be used for a future port royale type game for sea battles.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply