Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Final Fantasy series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Final Fantasy series
    Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 08:36
Originally posted by Dolphin

i finished 12 by accident - didnt know that lame ass vayne was the final boss and destroyed him at level 60...disappointed.

The whole game oozes volume but no coherence- like whats the point of vaan he has no purpose in the story whatsoever. there was minimal character development as well. maybe im just a purist but the game just doesnt hold up.

The story has some dislocated joints. The other games, at least since FFVII, had an intense focus on developing a main character. Vaan, on the other hand, doesn't even have a proper background, all we learn is that he is an orphan and that Reks was his brother, and whereas I expected more revelations as the game progressed, it seemed to more or less forget about Vaan at some point and switch to Amalia as the new main character. This gave me the impression the developers weren't entirely sure where they were going with these characters, the confident grip of the earlier games missing.

And yeah, whereas I was perfectly aware that Vayne was the last boss, he was far too easy. Sure, it should be possible for the average gamer to take down the last boss, but at level 60 I shouldn't have been feeling sure of victory throughout the entire thing. With bubble belts, I'm confident I could beat him at a much lower level.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2007 at 00:28
I know I am gonna get off topic, but everyone know about this? I just found it, and I never seen this before. Anyone know if there's any sequel for this?

Final FantasyVII LastOrder

It's kind of like anime version of Final Fantasy 7 before the game storyline.

Join us.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2007 at 03:01
I've heard of it but never seen it anywhere yet.

In terms of story lines it goes: Last Order, the game, and then Advent Children if I'm not mistaken.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123