Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is The US expecting an independent Balochistan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is The US expecting an independent Balochistan?
    Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 22:45
Go to the USPS.com web site. Click on CALCULATE POSTAGE and then click on CALCULATE INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE and then look at the dropdown list of countries. They have two Balochistans! One is just "Balochistan" and the other is "Balochistan/Pakistan". So does it look like they want to cut Iran's  province out? I know it means nothing officially but isn't it a bit strange? I wonder which country a package addressed to "Balochistan" would go to? Confused 
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 23:09
LOL I hope you are not seriously concerned.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 23:14
Azores, Azores (portugal)....... Wales, Wales (Great Britian and Northern Ireland).
Double the choice, double the fun.

I wonder which country a package addressed to "Balochistan" would go to?

Pakistan obviously, just like the one addresed to just "Rhodos" will end up in Greece. If you want it to go to Iran, send it to "Iran", alternativly you could chose "Persia", and "Persia (Iran)". Probably other choices too if you can be assed to spend the time looking, which evidently, you're not, otherwise you would have noticed the obvious already (namely, that this is some wierdass redundancy method to ensure that all bases are covered).
Arrrgh!!"
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 23:17
I just think its strange lol. I mean its a province name in three countries so why on earth give it TWO different destination names at the USPS? Quebec doesn't even have its own listing. Its just silly to do this and very confusing for shippers.

And yes I didn't spend time looking I just posted this for a laugh.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 23:26
I suspect theyare included on a case by case basis, presumably enough people requested to send something to Rhodes that they decided to add the option.
Also it could be a matter of routes, a flight to Rhodes might take a different path then one to somewhere on mainland Greece. How it would work in Pak-Baluchistan i don't know, but presumably there might be enough traffic to warrent a stop off at a local airport/port, this making a direct delivery cost differently?

Incidntly each case of a region being listed has two listings (one with and one without the country destination), odd, but i've seen worse web designs.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply