Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Copy/Paste - Once again!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copy/Paste - Once again!!!
    Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 03:13
The practice to copy whole paragraphs and articles from all over the net and pasting them into AEs forums is on the increase.
In many cases these pasted articles were not only not accompanied by any comments, but worse, were posted without naming the source.
I would like to ask you all to stop this practice. AE is supposed to be a discussion forum between members of AE who express their opinion and not that between anonymous writers on the net. I would therefore ask you only to post threads which contain your own opinion. If you are quoting other authors work, please make sure that you name the source, wherever possible.
Providing the source of a quotation is common practice, failing to do so might also be a copyright issue.
In future any post that has obviously simply been pasted, which is not difficult to prove, and is not accompanied by any comment and/or naming of the source, will be closed or deleted.

Edited by Komnenos - 01-Oct-2006 at 03:20
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply