Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Balad-Turku culture (Discuss the instrume

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Balad-Turku culture (Discuss the instrume
    Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 14:19
Is the "Turku" style of music popular throughout the Turkic people's. I'm always amazed by the sheer number of "Turku's" in Turkey, Azerbaycan, KKTC, Caucauses, Balkans. Turks like to sing these song's, the young and the old, they sing them on special nights or just when friends are together. They have different styles, Oyun Hava-Lively moving to dance to, Aigit-in rememberance or commemeration of loved one's,Uzun Hava- Slow style usually quite emotional,Yoresel-Regional, Dastans-Epics/Legends very old one's etc etc Most Turks I know can recite many many "Turku's". Their a great tradition and its a wonderfull musical culture.

What are your favourite "Turku's", what are the oldest one's, where does this style date from, who are really famous Bards?

Let's share and learn more about this beautiful art.

Edited by Bulldog - 21-Sep-2006 at 14:13
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 16:38
I like Telli Turna, zeyneb, carsambayi sel aldi and other wich i forgot to mention. I like Trk's.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 14:16

Are there any sites anybody can share with us where we can listen and learn about these.

The "Baglama" type instruments are very popular in all Turk communities, what is the reason for this and these type of instruments significance?
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 10:41

'Baghlama' is a Turkish instrument; but similar 'tar's can be found in the Middle East and Central Asia. It's also a common instrument in Iranian culture.

For sure, Iranian one and the Turkish one are not the same; but similar. The same applies to Cenral Asian equivalents. in Eastern Turkic communities, the most difference is for Uighur's instrument which is not completely, but to some extent, a bit more distinct from Turkmen's or Kazak's.
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 16:48
Turk people are very famous for their music's and have been throughout history. Uygur Turks were very advanced in the fields of music, the Kopuz is probobly the root of all lute style instruments. Ancient instruments similar to those used today have been found in old tombs, Kurgan's and Hun graves.

Instruments had great importance in Turks societies, as they had developed "Millitary Bands" for the purpose' of moral, phching the troops and intimidating opponents since the time of the Huns, Husoi-Nu's. Also the bards would always have a string typed instrument accompanying them on their travells, this is still very popular today.

The Uighur historian Mojizi credits the people of the Dolan region of Xinjiang with creating the first lutes 6000 years ago.

Baghlama and Tamdra are similar the Baghlama is derived from Tamdra which derives from Kopuz. Dede Gorgut mentions these instruments, there also found in ancient cave paintings in Eastern Turkistan-Altay region. Also There are many types of Baghlama and sizes, I was suprised to see that Uygur Turks playing a Baghlama also played in Turkey. T'chokur,Iklig are other types of this.

Theres also "Turku"/folk-balads which are shared, for example I heard "Nar Agci" in Turkmenistan, Azerbaycan and Turkey.

Songs said by Turk mothers to their babies

Allay allay derim
Baga sallan edeyim
Bagıng gızıl gln
Sanga Gurban

Tongue Twister of Turkmenistan known and can be read by Azerbaycan, Turkey, Iran, Balkan, KKTC....Turks

Ekem ekem
Arpa ekem
Yola bakam
Gzm dikem
Gızıl tavuk
Girma tavuk
Ginnarda tavuk
Cek Ayak

A tougher one

Hanım atı kişneyer
Neme diyip kişneyer
Arpa diyip kişneyer
Arpanı nirden alcak
ayın dyb okca gl
Bizim yaren akchagul

Havar Havar Can Hatice (Turkmenistan) Also a Turku in Turkey and Azerbaycan

Yatırdım yatırdım dan sesine
Tiskindim tiskindim can sesine

Havar havar can Hatice
Gzleri mercan Hatice
Ben sana kurban Hatice

Ayağına başmak yaraşır
Eynine giymek yaraşır

Havar havar can Hatice
Gzleri mercan Hatice
Ben satıa kurban Hatice

Yap aşağın ay eledi
Tafta kyneğin lay eyledi

Havar havar can Hatice
Gzleri mercan Hatice
Ben sana kurban Hatice

Garajaoglan

Ben bilirim bana dilimden oldu
Boynuna farz olan beşi bilin mi
Nuhun tufanını bilin mi meşe
Hele dur bakalım sağlar kalır mı

Turkmen Wedding Dortluks

İki yorgan bir dşen,
Tahtın bolsun, yar-yar.
Pıgamberin gızıa
Bagtın bolsun, yar-yar.

Altın kabak atılan
yn bolsun, yar-yar
Cemendni cem eden
Toyun bolsun, yar-yar

Edited by Bulldog - 22-Sep-2006 at 16:51
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 04:32

Amazing to see you know about souther tribes a lot. The language and all the poems are considered Southern.

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 10:41
Sag BolWink

Share some of your favourite Halk songs-poems....
Albert Pine

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 19:45
A "selanik Trks" -Blblm altin kafeste, a song wich whas song by the Selanik Turkmens;

only melodi (very nice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsHzxZ5aRGo&mode=related&search=

with voice (very nice too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzYCS9Oozec&mode=related&search=

must lissin song.
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 04:24
Originally posted by Bulldog

The "Baglama" type instruments are very popular in all Turk communities

Smile

Originally posted by Bulldog

the Kopuz is probobly the root of all lute style instruments. Ancient instruments similar to those used today have been found in old tombs, Kurgan's and Hun graves.

Smile

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 12:57
Which "Turku" do you like?
Albert Pine

EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 08:59
ah bir ataş ver,Devrent deresi,Bodrum Hakimi,Kerimoğlu,Arzu gızım,Bu gala daşlı gala,uzun ince bir yoldayım,muğla zeybeği,Feraye...İ like them...
The lands of the of the West may be armored with walls of steel,
But I have borders guarded by the mighty chest of a believer...
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 12:07

Do you have any samples of what they sound like? there lyrics and also the meanings, I hear some have fascinating stories which they originate from.

Albert Pine

EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 14:17
mmm,i found them from ares...
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 09:08
Could you tell some stories of famous Turku's?
Albert Pine

EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 11:56
yes...who speak trk should look to this site: www.turkuler.com

also,i'll try to translate some stories...
 Post Reply Post Reply