Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

which is the most realistic pc game about

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which is the most realistic pc game about
    Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 14:32
The most ridiculously detailed historical sim I've come across is War In the Pacific.   It takes the concept of micromanagement to a whole new level. You have to make orders for pretty much every land, sea and air unit involved in the pacific theatre on either side and each turn can take hours to plan and execute.
Once you relinquish your freedom for the sake of "understood necessity,"...you cede your claim to the truth. - Heda Margolius Kovaly
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 01:00
When will be the Demo of medieval published ?
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote perikles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 09:03

Have anyone tried cossacks.

I found it very good.
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 10:05
Cossacks is suberb game but is not so superb in accuracy. For example the one-by-one unit creation is quite tiresome as the unit limit is virtually unreachable in a single game.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 16:31
Originally posted by rider

Cossacks is suberb game but is not so superb in accuracy. For example the one-by-one unit creation is quite tiresome as the unit limit is virtually unreachable in a single game.

Yes, that is what I hate. Did you also notice how stupid the 18th Century units are for England? First of all, only the Highlanders marched to bagpipes, and second of all, they had bayonets with them, and were very efficient in using them. The dragoon units are innaccurate also, because dragoons would also have a sword with them. Also, I wish the firing could be more realistic, not just having units fire their every two seconds.

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2006 at 02:40

More importantly, which is the funnest pc game out?

Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2006 at 09:08
funniest? Leisure Suit Larry.yeah baby!
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 01:35
You all should realize that no matter how much effort is put into the creation of a game, it will never be entirely accurate. There is just no way.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 02:19
"most realistic" not realistic. ok?
Desimir View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote Desimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 11:42
Originally posted by Batu

funniest? Leisure Suit Larry.yeah baby!

Yeah.I like it too.
Sudden Strike,i mean the first game was very realistic for that time.Even now there are many copies of Sudden Strike i but they are not so good.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 16:17
blitzkrieg was better then sudden strike
Desimir View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote Desimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 18:41
I dont think so.Blitzkrieg is a newer game but it doesnt offer anything new.What i mean is that Sudden Strike was very realistic for its time and it was the beginning of a new genre.Blitzkrieg is a good game too.I have played them both.

Edited by Desimir - 22-Sep-2006 at 18:57
elvain View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote elvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2006 at 03:28
Originally posted by DSMyers1

I will also point out that Knights of Honor never reached its full potential, as the developer stopped patching it while it still had significant flaws.  There are some user mods to help it, but there are problems nonetheless.  It is an enjoyable game to play, though.
I have good news for you then

the developer just started working on a new patch. Knights of Honor community was consistent in demanding it and it finally led to the second patch development.

I also made a mod for Knights of Honor and hope that at least the changes I made to make it more historically accurate will be applied in the patch

IMO it is one of the best games ever though it never reached it's full potential...
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 14:33
the only games that could qualify for historical realism are ww2 games. the winner is the Combat Mission series (Beyond Overlord, Barbarossa to Berlin and Afrika Korps). CM is tactical simulation up to (infantry) battaillion size, turn based but turns are synchronized, also, there is a command phase where the game stands still and an execution phase were the game runs for 1 minute, executing your orders, then you can give commands again if you need. weapons physics are according to real life as well as armour and gun behaviour. also it has all major nations that fought between 41 and 45 in europe, including Poles, Free French, Canadians, South Africans, ANZACs, Romanians, Finns, Hungarians and Italians.

Il-2: 1946. still best command flight sim, even thought he game is ages old it is still the best sim out there, at least until its sucessor battle for Britain comes out end of this year or so. has every planes used on the eastern front and pacific theater including Finnish, Romanian, Hungarian & Slovakian planes as well as some German late-war prototypes (so basically the only planes missing are British ones, even though many of them are there, notably Lend-Lease ones and those that fought in the pacific).

Hoi2: Doomsday is pretty good, units are division size and with all the aspects like technological research, minsiters and everythign it is really immersive but not perfectly accurate, but it is in my opinion the best Strategical simulation out there, especially because you can play as every nation that existed back then (except for Egypt and the Indian vassal princes).

now to the sad part, FPS's. most ww2 games are FPS but so far there wasn't one that was even close to what i want. the only one comming close is probably Hidden & Dangerous 2, has realistic weapons and more weapons than any other FPS out there like Italian rifles etc. downside being, singleplayer is only Briitsh SAS missions. most other games focus on only two sides Americans/Soviets/English vs Germans/Japanese. what i want are more minors & their weaponry, like Finnish Suomi MPs, Romanian Orita MPs and stuff like that, as well as the uniforms of those nations (Romanian helmets look sooo cool!), always playing as Americans, Germans or Soviets with the same old weapons & uniforms is really tiring. the other two games that are notable are Battlefield 1942 and Red Orchestra because both include vehicles Bf '42 even ships & planes but sacrifices a lot of realism, but the only FPS that i can think of that has Japanese; and Red Orchestra for immersion but despite its acceptable realism is a little too arcade'ish for my taste.

oh yeah and then there is Silent Hunter for submarine sims. SH3 for German side and (upcoming) SH4 for Americans.

Edited by Temujin - 15-Feb-2007 at 16:34
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 01:33
Not historical - realistic, but the most realistic games are TES 4 Oblivion and Gothic 3.

Edited by The Chargemaster - 16-Feb-2007 at 01:33
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12