Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Early Russian history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Russian history
    Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 15:55
There is no bug. Your post looks like an offensive throlling.

Next time before posting make yourself familiar with the Code of Conduct of All Empires.

Edited by Sarmat - 17-Apr-2009 at 15:59
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:02
Yes, and also. There is no doubt that Russian language is more close to the Ancient Russian than Ukrainian language which underwent a period of intensive linguistic influence of Polish, that was absent in the case of Russian language.
Σαυρομάτης
Mastermind2 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Mastermind2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:05
Well if it is about my name I have a second just because i forgot my password....and anything else is just my opinion based on knowledge.
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Mastermind2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:14
Originally posted by Sarmat

Yes, and also. There is no doubt that Russian language is more close to the Ancient Russian than Ukrainian language which underwent a period of intensive linguistic influence of Polish, that was absent in the case of Russian language.
I am talking about the language they spoke during the 9th-11th century. All you have to do is know Russian and Ukrainian and read an ancient document and You will see right away which language it is closer to.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:16
You know a statement that "Russians are a mixture of Greeks, Western Slavic tribes who came from Carthagians and Finns who came from Saxons" is not only historically incorrect, but also can be considered derogatory by a number of people that belong to the ethnicites listed above. So, that's why you posts were hidden.

Thank you
Σαυρομάτης
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Mastermind2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:24
Then I will ask a few questions:
Did Greeks not have colonies in the southern crimea?
Did the western slavic tribes not colonize Kiev and other regions close but failed to make a civilization because they had no specific leader?
And finaly did the Finish not start the Rurik Dynasty? 

Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:31
Originally posted by Mastermind2

I am talking about the language they spoke during the 9th-11th century. All you have to do is know Russian and Ukrainian and read an ancient document and You will see right away which language it is closer to.

Yes, I did it and there is no doubt that the Ancient Russian text is closer to modern Russian than to Ukrainian. This is exactly the evidence that is used to prove that Modern Russian is closer to the Ancient Russian than Ukrainian. And anybody can see that.

For example, I will list the name of the Ancient Rus epic The Tale of Igor's Campaign in Ancient Russian, Modern Russian and Ukrainian:

Ancient Russian :Слово о плъку Игоревѣ, Slovo o plŭku Igorevě

Modern Russian: Слово о полку Игореве Slovo o polku Igoreve

Ukrainian: Слово о полку Ігоревім, Slovo o polku Ihorevim

Anybody can see that although all the three examples are all very close, the modern Russian is closer to Ancient Russian (Old East Slavic) than Ukrainian.

It's easier for a native Russian speaker to understand Ancient Russian chronicles and literature than for an Ukrainian native speaker.

The reason? As I noted earlier, Ukrainian language underwent a huge influence of the Western Slavic linguistic substratum, namely, Polish language, because Ukrainian lands were dominated by Poland for some centuries.

Russian language stayed intact in this regard that's why it's closer to the Ancient Russian (Old East Slavic) than the modern Ukrainian.

Σαυρομάτης
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Mastermind2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:36

I hope this is not considered spam:

Posted by Sarmat:
"You know a statement that "Russians are a mixture of Greeks, Western Slavic tribes who came from Carthagians and Finns who came from Saxons" is not only historically incorrect, but also can be considered derogatory by a number of people that belong to the ethnicites listed above. So, that's why you posts were hidden.

Thank you"

The slavs came from the Carthagians in a legend which states the carthagians fleed when they lost the war to Rome.Just something I remembered when I wrote that Post. Of course they are not only made up of Carthagians thats why I put ETC. in the end.
Although the Fins do not come from anglo-saxons, (You are right there) The first King of England came from the Finns.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:52
Do you also believe that Lithuanians come from Ceasar's legionaries then?
Σαυρομάτης
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678