Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suggest me a Book!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggest me a Book!
    Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 18:29
    Hi. My name is Ponce de Leon and I was wondering if anybody could reference me a book about the time of the early 1800's when latin america was rebelling against Spain. The thing is I want the book from a "spaniard's" perspective. It could be historical fiction, a biography, or a historical narrative. But has to be from a spaniard's perspective.

Thanks!
Barbarroja View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Barbarroja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 05:29
I have one of John Lynch. Spanish America Revolutions 1808-18xx, i don't remember the last year, twenty-xxx could be. John Lynch is not Spanish (obviously) but is a very good in Spanish history.
I'm sorry but my English is not very good. I'm from Vila-real (Valencia, Spain)
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 20:19

Though not exactly on the topic you are interested in......

Texas by James Michener is very well researched and might be worth reading (Especially if you can find a used copy).

Post Reply Post Reply