Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ukraine
    Posted: 28-Nov-2004 at 02:46

Hello, new here been looking for a site like this finally found it. But I came across the "Steppes and Central Asian Nomads" section first, clarify with me. Why do you say that russia originated first before Ukraine (always an ongoing dilema lol  as you can see even with todays politics) and why no mention of famous Ukrainian Cossack Hetmans instead you mention polish ones?

Dragon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 09:27
You would probably do better in the Medieval Europe forum than here in the Steppes forum.  There is more interest in Russian and Ukrainian politics & history there . . .

Edited by Dragon
History is the study of the past that we may understand the present.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 20:09

i have a ukrainian friend in the us who speaks russian but not ukrainian how come?

besides, i saw a blonde russian waitress in an italian restaurant last night. she's so hot and cute with smiles and sh*t. sorry off topic...

just

trying to get people excited...

Edited by coolstorm
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 20:46
Yes this should be moved.
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2004 at 20:23
Well technically this Forum is Steppes and central Asia, and Ukraine does include the Steppes, anyways, Mazepa; I dont know aboutt he whole who came first the Russians or Ukrainians, I guess to a lot of people they accepted them as kinda of coming formt he same place same time, Ukrainians being called the "little Russians"( odn't mean to offend you, I know some Ukrainians get offended by that). I think more people mention the Polish Hetmans just because I think they had a bigger impact in Europe, or Eastern Europe, mind you I don't really know too much about the Ukrainian hetmans, I do know of Chmielnicki, and Nalewajko( on my moms side her great grandpa's last name was Nalewajko, pretty sweet). I also think that there isn' much Ukrainians on this forum, to my knowledge anyways, so i guess you can be the first to enlighten us about the Ukrainian hetmans.
Hrodger View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Hrodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2004 at 21:13
Presumably because Rus and Marjus are covered earlier in history than
Ukraina and that modern Russians associates themself with Rus. In reality
it is most likely a term for leaders (merchants, warriors and magicians)
common for both East-Swedish (Varyags) and Turkic (Khazars) in Arabic
texts.
 Post Reply Post Reply