Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Indy!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indy!!
    Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 07:55
Along with Monkey Island (another LucusArts job), the older Indiana Jones games (with the Fate of Atlantis being tops) have been amoung my favourite adventure/puzzle (or whatever the genre is) games, representing perhaps the pinicle of the 2D era of those games.
The newer 3D generation hasn't particulary done much for me, though i liked Gabriel Knight III, the only other one i've tried is Tombraider (basicly, a female wannabe Indy with a slightly more interesting looking chest), which was rather lame and felt more like an Arcade game. I've only tried the demos for the newer Indy games, and had similar impressions as i did with Tombraider.

Anyways, for those of you nostalgic for those old style LucusArts games, you may be pleased to hear that some dedicated fans have made their own installment to the Indy franchise - Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth
I havn't tried the Demo yet, but the graphics look cutting edge...for 1992 standards :p
But the old interface is back, with the 'pick up', 'use' 'give' (and no doubt the silly responses when you try to use the whip on yourself), and the SVGA style graphics bring back pleasant memories of time spend not doing my homework in school.

It hasn't been made available yet (but there is a Demo), and theres no release date as far as i can see, but it looks good, and i'm still slightly chuffed over the whole thing being done by fans (a part of me wants to start to get involved in this sort of thing).

On a similar note, some of the older Sierra games like Kings Quest, and Quest for Glory have had makeovers and are available to download here, they've only done the older ones that weren't made (or remade in QfG I's case) in SVGA standard.
Anyways, enjoy.
Arrrgh!!"
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 11:42
Has anyone even tried the Demo?
Its as good as the real thing.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply