Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missile Guidance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bigtoothbrush View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bigtoothbrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missile Guidance
    Posted: 10-May-2006 at 19:54

Lead Angle Computation is by to compute the angle between missile's line of sight and target's moving direction. While Proportional navigation's is about the angle between missile's line of sight and the line between missile and target.  

bigtoothbrush View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote bigtoothbrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 16:48

chinese HQ-9(FT-2000) is one the most advanced long-range, all-altitude, all-weather surface-to-air missile in the world. its terminal guidance is active radar track, thus it doesn't need any illuminator for fire control. but it still keep semi-active radar track function, to increase its anti-jam capability. it also could work under passive mode, as an anti-radiation to destroy AWACS or even ground-based radars. there are both ground verion and navy version are in service right now. the future version may add IR imaging focal plane array for reinforce terminal guidance. 

just need one Active Phase Array Radar, it could finish all the information supporting and guidance jobs. while most countries' air defence missiles need 6~8 different radars to do these jobs.

land version  

navy version

Edited by bigtoothbrush
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 12:10

Originally posted by bigtoothbrush

chinese HQ-9(FT-2000) is one the most advanced long-range, all-altitude, all-weather surface-to-air missilein the world. its terminal guidance is active radartrack,thus it doesn't need any illuminator for fire control. but it still keepsemi-active radar track function, to increase its anti-jam capability. it also could work under passive mode,as an anti-radiation to destroy AWACS or even ground-basedradars. there areboth ground verion and navy version are in serviceright now.the futureversion may add IR imagingfocal plane arrayfor reinforceterminal guidance.

just needoneActive Phase Array Radar, itcould finish all the information supporting and guidancejobs. while mostcountries'air defencemissiles need 6~8 different radars to do these jobs.

land version

navy version

that's funny post, lol, Russian S-400 is MOST advanced land to air missile, Russia is ahead of other countries in air defence my friend, much more ahead.

S-400 can shoot everything your HQ-9 can shoot and it also can shoot down SCUD and any other short range ballistic missile pr even medium range missiles, can you system do that?

What is the range of your system? 200 km, twice less that S-400, buddy, it is not nearly as good, it is merely a copy of S-300, lol, it uses S-300 launchers and probalby copies of russian missiles, it is NOT the most advanced.

Russia has S-300PMU-2, S-300V, S-400, US has PAC-3, it is also more advanced, although not as long range.

Here, read please:

"The HQ-9 was initially developed to replace the PLA’s bulk of obsolete HQ-2 (Chinese copy of the Soviet/Russian SA-2 Guideline), but the slow progress in the development forced the PLA to purchase the S-300PMU missile from Russia. By the time the HQ-9 was ready for operational deployment in the late 1990s, the missile was already behind foreign air-defence missiles such as U.S. PAC3 and Russian S-300PMU2 in terms of technology and performance. Only a small number of the HQ-9A are being deployed by the PLA for operational trial and evaluations. The naval variant of the HQ-9A is deployed onboard the Type 052C destroyer which was commissioned in 2004."

reference:

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/surfacetoairmissile/hq9.asp

Edited by Russian - 20-May-2006 at 12:24
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 15:03
Originally posted by Erdene

Btw, I am downloading Behind Enemy Lines I am pretty sure that the missile fired something and whatever it was it had a shot gun effect on the tail section.  

Some SAMs and AAMs are fused so the blast from the warhead can be directed at the target. I'm not sure of the technical details on this.
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 21:44

Originally posted by DukeC

Originally posted by Erdene

Btw, I am downloading Behind Enemy Lines I am pretty sure that the missile fired something and whatever it was it had a shot gun effect on the tail section.

Some SAMs and AAMs are fused so the blast from the warhead can be directed at the target. I'm not sure of the technical details on this.

the longer the range, the longer the missile, look at S-400, the missile is 3-4 tons, so that it can fly farther, when it comes close to enemy aircraft, it explodes, and some missiles have shotgun effect, when a lot of little particles damage an aircraft, I dunno how they direct it either, some are calculated so that the wave of explosion damages aircraft and some systems, like Patriot PAC3 are hit-to-kill systems, but this reduces range dramatically, when you actually hit the aircraft with a rocket and then it explodes.

Edited by Russian - 22-May-2006 at 21:46
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12