Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zeyarid Empire, a non-Islamic empire of Islamic world!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeyarid Empire, a non-Islamic empire of Islamic world!
    Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 09:55

When Mardavij the Great (Mard-Avaji means "Special Man" in Persian), founder of Zeyarid empire, defeated the Abbasids army and enetred the city of Isfahan, said (in an inscription) "I defeated the caliphate army on the Azar-Ruz (9th day of 9th month of the Iranian year), the birth of light and fire, a lucky day for us all. Nobody will be punished except the traitors to the motherland here in after. We will observe the Persian national festivals as our fathers did for centuries. We will celebrate Nowruz, Mehregan, and Jashn Sadeh, with grandeur and magnificence as a mark of remembrance of good thoughts, good words and good deeds."

Mausoleum of Kavus son of Voshmgir (one of Zeyarid kings), the world's tallest brick tower:

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 11:53
perobably he could revive Sassanid Empire.

On December 2, 931, Maj arrived in Isfahan, named himself the Amir of Iran and made Isfahan his capital. From the advent of Islam until Maj's arrival, Isfahan had been under the jurisdiction of the Arabs, and was favored by Mansur, one of the Abbassid Caliphs during his rule.

Once in Isfahan, Maj declared his ruling agenda and asked Iranians to help him to revive the Persian Empire and its Zoroastrian traditions.

The reliable evidence indicate that in February 932, after about three centuries, Maj and his court celebrated Sadeh in Isfahan and many Iranians observed Sadeh again.

Parsi: http://www.yataahoo.com/Religion/History/mardavij.html

Ramesh v Anoshgi bar ravanash bad
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 12:00
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 12:20

I red a book many years ago I quote  his word when he entered Isfahan "I will destroy Arab state and refound the Persian empire" a big word.

he killed in Nowruz day by his Turkish slaves(almost of his army were Turkishs).

if he live more maybe he would destroy baghdad and end the caliphate 300 years earlier.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 13:04
(almost of his army were Turkishs).

I don't think, they weren't
I red he was very pessimistic about turks.
Turks are as Devil & was deported form God's court, our Behaviour with them must be clear & stringent.

Edited by Land of Aryan
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 13:09
"I, Mardaviz-e-Zeyar, come from the land of unbeatable people. My companions and I took up swords and risked our lives because we love our Motherland, Iran. My final destination is to see a new Persian Empire where its people live with freedom, happiness and will speak Farsi again. I demand you all to stand up and salute to Aryo Barzan  , and to Rostam Farrokhzaad,who bravely battled against the invaders of our beloved country. I defeated the caliphate army on the Azar-Ruz the birth of light and fire, a lucky day for all Iranians. None shall be summoned or punished for past deeds against our nation. Henceforth, however, the punishment for treason against Iran and cooperation with the enemies of Iran is death. Persian is our language. All the customs and festivals of the past, as they are our cultural heritage and passed on to us by our ancestors, shall be celebrated as before with even greater observance of authenticity. So long as we observe our national customs, festivities and ceremonies we shall remain Iranian. We will celebrate Nowruz, Mehregan, and Jashn-e-Sadeh again. We will celebrate Sadeh in mid winter of this year with grandeur and magnificence as a mark of remembrance of good thoughts, good words and good deeds"
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 04:20

intersting i didnt know about this one before, so what happened to his empire? i guess it failed to achieve  its goals since the old zoroasterian empire isnt here. so how they failed?

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 05:52
Originally posted by azimuth

intersting i didnt know about this one before, so what happened to his empire? i guess it failed to achieve  its goals since the old zoroasterian empire isnt here. so how they failed?

after his murder his brother Vugmshir take control over only dailamite troops in his brother's army,the Turks in the army either went to Hassan bin Buyah or been in  the service of the caliph Al-Radhi in Baghdad,Vugmshir was in Ray but the Buyids defeated him and occupied Ray and retook Isfahan too, he retreated to Tabaristan and Gurgan,Gurgan changed hands several times,he always aknowledged Samanid supermacy and disaknowledged,the Buyids defeated him and enter Tabaristan and Gurgan for a breif period in 962 A.D and 966,he was deeply get involved in the struggle between Samanids and Buyids,his state was between them that weakened his position.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2006 at 03:42

thanks ahmed so mostly this empire was eliminated by othre iranian empires.

the turkish in the army of zeyarid empire were muslims or zoroasterians?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2006 at 09:07

Azimuth, in general, the Turkish mercenaries practiced their old religion (Shamanism or Nestorianism).

Here one Iranian guy, Hoshyar, wrote that Zeyarids were of Sunni section of Islam. The authors of this topic might be wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply