Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Empires

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
longshanks31 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Empires
    Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 12:45
thank god im an atheist.
Its a good job mankinds slowly kicking religion into touch really
Persepolis View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Persepolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 15:58
I can't believe you have not mentioned the Persian Empire
 Achaemenid dynasty 648bc - 330bcClap
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 18:59
Originally posted by longshanks31

thank god im an atheist.
Its a good job mankinds slowly kicking religion into touch really

And in saying that, you're implying...? Stern%20Smile
longshanks31 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 19:47
knights i could say but i think its wise i didnt, whatever you thought was implyed aslong as your happy with will do for me.
Piedmon_Sama View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Piedmon_Sama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 21:43

Greatest Empires of all time?  Easy.  The Aztec Triple-Alliance, The Holy Roman Empire, and the Swedish Kingdom. 

Why? 

They all had a hand in producing Yours Truly. =P

Edited by Piedmon_Sama - 31-Oct-2007 at 22:46
bilal_ali_2000 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote bilal_ali_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2007 at 18:32

Originally posted by Inuyasha

The also brought enlightenment to India

What are you on about.? Ha ha ha .British bringing enlightenment to India. The only thing which the British brought to India was exploitation, exploitation and more exploitation.  They forced the Indian farmers to grow poppy so that they could sell it to China to get tea to which they in turn had become addicted to. And when the emperor of China asked them not to supply poppy to Chinese they declared war on china a war which naturally the Indians had to fight for them. They cut off the thumbs of young girls in order to prevent weaving. They sucked India so hard that it became from being the richest country in the world to the poorest in the world in the space of just a few years.

And let me tell you that this is how they planned to bring enlightenment to the Indians. Lord Thomas Babbington Macaulay (1800-59) was the first Law Member of the Governor-General's Legislature and is best known for introducing English education in India. 

In his address to the British Parliament 2nd February 1835 he said: 
I have traveled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief, such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such caliber, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation.  

This is how England brought "enlightenment" to India.

Edited by bilal_ali_2000 - 18-Nov-2007 at 08:43
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021