Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Babylon Palace of Darius in Alexander Movie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Babylon Palace of Darius in Alexander Movie
    Posted: 05-Nov-2004 at 08:35

http://alexanderthemovie.warnerbros.com/qtvr/VRindex.htm

Virtual reality is really wonderful!!

Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2004 at 18:25

very impressive

I hope the movie is historical, becuase hollywood were notorious for butchering movies with historical themes...

YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote YusakuJon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2004 at 07:44
Well, given that what little remains of the old palaces had fallen to either the ravages of time, the whims of invading armies or treasure-hunters, we have only a few remaining fragments of writing to base this upon, so virtual reality and the imagination are better than nothing.
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2004 at 15:40

Looks like they have confused Persepolis with Babylon. Probably intentionally

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2004 at 05:56

Maybe you are right, I haven't heard anything about that Palace in Babylon but I think it is more similar to the Apadana palace in Susa than the Persepolis.

http://www.louvre.fr/anglais/visite/ao/grands/12rc23.htm

Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2004 at 02:21

Not sure if this was a source of inspiration for the sets in the movie. It is a little bit slow to download

http://www.sunrisefilmco.com/images/Hig/demo1.mpg

Sabzevarian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Sabzevarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2004 at 21:29
I wonder where I can buy that Persepolis Recreated Movie (40 min long!)
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 00:31

This url has the information. I am not suer how much it costs. I know a few Universities in the US screened it. University of Chicago was one of them. There maybe some in Canada also. I have not seen it myself let us know how it is if you get to see it

http://www.sunrisefilmco.com/p5order.htm

Also this site has pictures that seem to be close

http://www.3dparse.com/gallery.htm

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 13:48

Nebuchadnezzar's palace is where alexander died. and he is not persian he was the king of babylon.

i noticed somthing strange in the movie, when alexander entered the palace there was a statue of a naked greek man!!

i thought persians don't do  such art.

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2004 at 05:57
Originally posted by azimuth

i noticed somthing strange in the movie, when alexander entered the palace there was a statue of a naked greek man!!

i thought persians don't do  such art.

It could be there to represent the statues that the persians stole from Greece, during their invasion, 150 years before...

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 04:22
Oh my...Never know the palace was THAT colorful   with lapiz lazuli(spelling looks wrong...but that rare bluish ornament second in prize to gold at that time)
Grrr..
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 12:51

This is kinda amazing, I saw in  some other treads here that people try to argue who is more powerful by comparing the number of tanks, plans, and horses each country has. Then, there are another set of treads that some of our ultra-nationalist friends have seen something in Alexander movie and discuss it like they have seen the reality by using direct quotes and references from the movie. After all, seeing is believing. Now, where is the real power tanks and planes or the media?

Post Reply Post Reply