Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just found out I’m Anglo-Saxon and not Persian!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just found out I’m Anglo-Saxon and not Persian!
    Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:30

Guys, I just found out that I am not Persian. I am Anglo-Saxon!

Talking to some of these forumers, they have made me realize that if i speak a certain language, and practice a certain culture, I must be of of that ethnicity.

Its amazing how I didnt realise this before.

I speak english all the time, and my culture is American! I cant read and write in the Persian script very well, and I mostly think and talk in english.

This must mean that I am Anglo-Saxon, and not Iranian/Persian!

Wow, thanks to some of the forumers here for pointing this out to me.

Hello to all my Anglo-Saxon brothers and sisters!

What do you think of this logic?

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:02
well I suggest first you change your signature  congratulations.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:09

i might have to

all this time i thought i was iranian, only to find out that i an origionally anglo saxon!

guess this means im not going im going to have to learn more about anglo saxon history, man, all this learning of iranian history has been a waste.

now i am a proud anglo saxon!

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:37
As if we didn't have enough barbarians on this forum already.
Vae victis!
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 20:14

It's the latest fiendish terrorist tactic by the British government against Iran, in the middle of the world cup this genetic sleeper blood will activate and your entire youth driven into a frenzy by lager and vindaloo will riot through the streets toppling the regime.

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 21:04
Originally posted by Paul

It's the latest fiendish terrorist tactic by the British government against Iran, in the middle of the world cup this genetic sleeper blood will activate and your entire youth driven into a frenzy by lager and vindaloo will riot through the streets toppling the regime.

so i assume that everyone thinks this type of logic is crazy right?

some of our forumers need to understand that, and discuss instead of attack.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 07:40
im anglo saxon too by this definition.

dam meat pies
Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 07:44
See my signature.
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 07:46

Originally posted by Halevi

See my signature.

Negative, see my avatar.

Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 07:57
Originally posted by Cezar

See my signature.

Negative, see my avatar.

Hunh?
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 08:01
Yep,We are all Anglo-Saxons in a way...
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 08:35

Originally posted by Cezar

See my signature.

Negative, see my avatar.

Hunh?

On ground zero, the diferences between individuals tend to be levelled to a null value.

Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 11:47

Damn how did you guess!

Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 12:15
I actually am an eight Anglo-Saxon. Oh yeah! Of course,  I will listent to Mr. Redneck and when I say of what ethnicity I am of, I will say "Mercan"(American), because everybody knows that American is an ethnicity and not a nationality.

Dampier, are you seriously a Hussite?

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 12:28
Originally posted by prsn41ife

so i assume that everyone thinks this type of logic is crazy right?

some of our forumers need to understand that, and discuss instead of attack.

Anglo-Saxon is the name for a period of English history long gone, somewhat like Victorian and Renaissance.

Nobody these days says I'm a Victorian or I'm a Rennaissance. So anyone saying you are an Anglo-Saxon is a bit strange in my eyes.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 12:45

Congratulation Anglo41ife

At least, you found ur original identity

What about me

LOLLOL

Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 15:22
Land of Aryan, your true identity is Land of England.

edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 22:00

I think language is often a legitimate indicator of cultural heritage. "Race" is just so imprecise in practice. Take the "Anglo-Saxons" you mention. Today, it's used as a descriptor for the inhabitants of England and their descendants, even though there have been numerous influxes of other groups into England since the time of the Angles and Saxons. Even in looking at the time of the Angles and Saxons, who were the inhabitants of Britain? It wasn't just a pair of groups called the Angles and Saxons (themselves wanderers and therefore mixers). There were still elements in Britain from its earliest times, waves of influx from pre-Roman times (eg Belgic immigrants), a motley influence from the time of the Roman occupation, other Germanic settlers like the Jutes, and later widespread Scandinavian settlement by the Danes.

On the other side of the coin, when they did a DNA sample on an Stone Age skeleton called "Cheddar Man" in southern England, his genetics were nearly identical to those of the local inhabitants. All so confusing! So, sometimes language and culture is an easier way of identifying groups than race. If it's obviously to the contrary, like in your case, that's fine too, you're obviously aware of your heritage and don't need to use metrics like language to define your heritage, but in alot of cases it's the easiest way to study a group in history. Heck, even the nameless inhabitants of earliest Britain were just a bunch of individual tribes and in some cases no more related to each other than they were to the Chinese, and same for any other ancient group, but since we don't know what these divisions were we group them up, either by language or by culture as indicated by artifacts. What else are you going to do? Otherwise all the ancient groups are just a formless mass of humanity with no clear divisions.

That's what I think of the whole language/culture thing.

BTW ... Welcome to the Anglo-Saxon culture, prsn4life. You may be Iranian as well, and even foremost, but it's undeniable that you are also a part of my historical culture and you are impacted daily by the institutions and therefore the heritage of that culture. Perhaps even more so than by the culture of your racial heritage. You even in some small way constitute part of our ongoing history. In some measure, then, my heritage and history is also your heritage and history, since it does very much affect you on a day-to-day basis and you live in the midst of it and are part of it right now and into the future. And the same would happen if I were to move to Iran and be accepted in that culture, given enough time.

Edited by edgewaters
dirtnap View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote dirtnap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 22:07
Originally posted by Exarchus

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2006 at 00:53
Originally posted by dirtnap

Originally posted by Exarchus

seconded
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>