Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

International Womens Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: International Womens Day
    Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 12:26
Good Day to all!

Although there are not many active female participants in this venue, I still think it is important to advise everyone of this very important day for women.

International Women's Day (IWD) is the universal day that connects all women around the world and inspires them to achieve their full potential. IWD 2006
launches another year of working progressively for women's equality worldwide. It is an important day around the world because the collective power of women
is witnessed by millions, and the brave achievements of women past, present and future are respectfully honored. International Women's Day 2006 will
be celebrated globally on Wednesday, March 8th. Congratulations to all women on this very memorable day.

Source: http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/women/womday97.htm
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 13:55

yippie!!!

happy women's day...

Wish tht all the women all around the globe.. able to achieve wht they dreams and wishes in their lives.. and hope that women will be given more opportunity in living such as in career paths.. education and etc...

Svyturys View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Svyturys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 13:58

Oh sh*t..i see a worldwide plot of womans against mans! Mans, don't be blind!

You know, history always turns around..

Edited by Svyturys
Every moment, like last, neither earth, nor sky don't calculate time. Left only one heart in scorched bosom. Throbing only drums again, calling us into battle.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 15:55
It seems I'm becoming very very mysanthropic... I didn't even realized today was March 8th.

Hope you all had a good day and all that.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 16:43

Women look at flowers in downtown Sarajevo on Wednesday, March 8, 2006. Bosnian men traditionally buy flowers for their female relatives, friends, and colleagues to mark International Women's Day, which has been celebrated in all republics of the former Yugoslavia for decades.

Happy Women's Day All!
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 16:52

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAY, to all queens

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 17:35

my present ( this guy looks like olli kahn, doesn't he )

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 19:21

The U.S. is perhaps the only country that does not recognize International Women's Day as an official holiday

Anyways, happy March 8th!

AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 21:48

Happy Int. Womens day to all of the ladies in the world.

Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 07:05
Originally posted by poirot

The U.S. is perhaps the only country that does not recognize International Women's Day as an official holiday

Anyways, happy March 8th!

This is sexism! There is no International Men's Day.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 08:56

Happy belated International Women's Day!!! A well deserved honor to say the least especially for the women of AE!

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 14:50
Women in iran - March 8- تجمع زنان در پارک دانشجو، روزجهانی زن، 8 مارس Women in iran - March 8- تجمع زنان در پارک دانشجو، روزجهانی زن، 8 مارس
Women in iran - March 8- تجمع زنان در پارک دانشجو، روزجهانی زن، 8 مارس

Originally posted by http://www.kosoof.com/archive/2006/Mar/%208/396.php

تجمع زنان در پارک دانشجو
به مناسبت روز جهانی زن، 8 مارس

تجمع در حدود ساعت 4 آغاز شد، زنان در سنین مختلف با شعارهایی در دست که می‌بینید 48; ابتدا در سکوت... و بعد از چند دقیقه بطور هماهنگ شروع به خواندن سرود جنبش زنان کردند...
در همان زمان ماشین نیروی انتظامی به میان جمعیت آمد و از پشت بلندگو اعلام کرد که این تجمع غیر‌قانو 06;ی است و متفرق شود...
و در دقایق بعدی با حمله نیروهای انتظامی، ضد شورش، همراه با باتوم برقی و ... تجمع پایان یافت... با نهایت لطف هرکسی را که توانستند مضروب کردند، حت&a mp;# 1740; خانم سیمین بهبهانی را با سن بالا در حالی که می‌دانست 06;د کیست زدند!

محض اطلاع نیروی انتظامی

طبق اصل ۲۷ قانون اساسی جمهوری اسلامی

تشکیل اجتماعات و راه‏پیما 40;ی‏ها، بدون حمل سلاح، به شرط آن که مخل به مبانی اسلام نباشد آزاد است.

من این وسط تفنگ ندیدم! اگر شما دیدین من رو هم خبر کنین!

عکسهایی از مراسم 8 مارس در 3 سال گذشته که در کسوف گذاشته بودم.

For the Record: Womens Rights Activists Were Beaten on 2006 International Womens Day in Iran

A group of about 130 womens rights activists who gathered in Deneshjoo Park in central Tehran to celebrate International Womens Day were brutally beaten by the police. As soon as the program started with distributing some brochures and chanting Irans womens movement song, the police informed the attendants that their gathering is illegal and they should leave the premises. Then the police started beating men and women present in Daneshjoo Park and the program was ended. Simin Behbahani, the Iranian elderly famous poet was among the people who have been beaten.

According to Atricle 27 of Islamic Republic of Irans Constitution, public gatherings and marches may be freely held, provided arms are not carried and that they are not detrimental to the fundamental principles of Islam.

I don't know it's true or not, I didn't hear about it

Edit: No, It seems True

Edited by Land of Aryan
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 15:34
Land of Aryan.....I am speechless! These women are conducting a peaceful gathering and they are getting beaten for it? I thought believers of Islam respected their women!

Women of Iran.....keep fighting for your equal rights.   

I am so proud of the women shown in these photos for publicly joining together. Those are strong women and I applaud them!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 15:54
fact is Iranian women have more freedom than many other Islamic country,
but in Islam Women rights = 1/2 men
in court 3 female witness = 1man &......

Also this Gov. leaded by khomeini that
when Shah let women to Vote in election, khomeini was against it
Rosepetalspink View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Rosepetalspink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2009 at 23:14
Hi, (in response to Emperor Barbarossa's post above)

Apparently there is an 'International Men's day' held on November 19 in many places. Here is a website: International Men's Day global website

Speaking on behalf of UNESCO, [about International Men's Day] Ms. Ingeborg Breines, Director of Women and Culture of Peace said, “This is an excellent idea and would give some gender balance.”

I never thought of it like that, as imbalance. But I guess to have one gender only listened to and massively funded for health and family etc., and only one gender celebrated with a special day is I guess exactly what Ms. Breines implies, imbalance. Its not all about who is president or CEO (ie. men), but about who gets thier health and family connections empowered (women), and who is disempowered in those domains (men).

There is an old question which askes 'Why is there no International Men's Day', to which is answered- "Because every other day is international men's day!".  Personally I don't buy this because the funding of health for men, and recognition of thier potential role as nurturers of children within the family is roundly dismissed in favour of sterotyping all males.

I guess the question now reads "Why is there now an International Men's Day", to which could be answered, "because on no other day are suicides and health needs and family issues recognized for men and boys". 

Rose

Edited by Rosepetalspink - 03-Mar-2009 at 23:19
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 22:20
Originally posted by Rosepetalspink

Hi, (in response to Emperor Barbarossa's post above)

Apparently there is an 'International Men's day' held on November 19 in many places. Here is a website: International Men's Day global website

Speaking on behalf of UNESCO, [about International Men's Day] Ms. Ingeborg Breines, Director of Women and Culture of Peace said, “This is an excellent idea and would give some gender balance.”

I never thought of it like that, as imbalance. But I guess to have one gender only listened to and massively funded for health and family etc., and only one gender celebrated with a special day is I guess exactly what Ms. Breines implies, imbalance. Its not all about who is president or CEO (ie. men), but about who gets thier health and family connections empowered (women), and who is disempowered in those domains (men).

There is an old question which askes 'Why is there no International Men's Day', to which is answered- "Because every other day is international men's day!".  Personally I don't buy this because the funding of health for men, and recognition of thier potential role as nurturers of children within the family is roundly dismissed in favour of sterotyping all males.

I guess the question now reads "Why is there now an International Men's Day", to which could be answered, "because on no other day are suicides and health needs and family issues recognized for men and boys". 

Rose

Wow, that is very interesting. I was sort of joking in my post, but now I am intrigued that there is seriously an International Men's Day.

Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 23:41
Both are pointless. The only real benefit that could come from international women's day is that it would act as a pressure point for women's struggles for rights all over the world (Contrary to the views of feminists, women in the USA and Europe are not persecuted. When people claim that sort of nonsense they only demean the cause of women in countries were they ARE persecuted)

International Men's day hopefully will shrivel and die in the buraucratic malaise that conceived of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply