Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a question for iranians

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a question for iranians
    Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 00:11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaveh

Kaveh the Blacksmith is a mythical figure of ancient Persia who leads a popular uprising of Persians (Iranians) against a ruthless Arab ruler, Zahak (Dhaka). His story is narrated in the Epic of Shahnama by the 10th century poet Ferdowsi Tousi.

He is the single most famous mythological character in resistance against despotic foreign rule in Iran. After losing 18 of his sons to Zahak's serpents, he rebelled against the assyrian ruler of the Iran and convened the people to overthrow the tyrant king and end the 1000 year-long rule. He then assembled Derafsh Kaviani which was his leather apron on a spear, called Iranians for the kingship of the Fereydoun. Later on people decorated this flag with jewels and the flag became the symbol of Iranian independence, resistance, resilience and the revolutionary momentum of the masses revolt against evil invaders.

Jashn-e mehregan is the celeberation for the Fereydoun's victory over Zahak; it is also the time when autumn rains begin to fall.

Derafshe Kaviani

guest View Drop Down
  Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 19:56

i have alot of persian friends, and one day we were talking about freedom in iran. one of them said "yeah, we need someone like kaveh to come clean things up" .so who is this kaveh. i didn't ask my friends cause i know persians are so proud of their history that they go on and on and on...... it would help if you answered.

Post Reply Post Reply